Full exhaust!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
You'd be putting a flange where the cat WAS. BTW if your removing your catalytic converter, your gonna need to contact Black Bear Performance and have your PCM tuned.

smrr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
headers, high flow cats, and performance muffler in 2.5 inch is the way to go! 2.5 inch is really good enough until you hit 400+ HP. removing cats all together will gain power on the top end but kill the bottom end. your plan sounds great. from what the people at BLACK BEAR say our cats are already high flow unless you plan on doing serious engine work.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
most exhaust shops wont cut off cats. they risk BIG fines.... dont get me wrong I LOVE my truck! ive had mine since it came off the lot...but its still a truck not a race car, no matter what you do to it. theres no need to throw huge pipes on a stock motor. a motor is like an air pump.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saodrin

Saodrin

Reaction score
yeah kinda figured they wouldnt oh well ill be happy with high flow cats after exhaust i plan on new intake and exhaust rollers and a tune from bb and ill be done for a while

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
ive got high flow magnaflow cats and flowmaster 40 true dual setup...you will be more than happy i promise

OP
OP
Saodrin

Saodrin

Reaction score
oh and i almost forgot what about the offset on the muffler how should i do that center in center out or what?

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought all engines benefited from some sort of back pressure...

Last edited:

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
they do except turboed engines.... the turbo is the back pressure

some back pressure that is...too much and you will lose gas mileage and performance

rxphiler

Reaction score
Hey guys I own a twin turbo car and on turbo cars the bigger the exhaust the better. Normally aspirated engines need the back pressure. I want to do true duals on my truck also but my truck is just a beat around hauling toy so I think I am going leave it alone it is already too loud from the former owner. but hey to each their own.

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the tune with the rear o2 sensers deleted. pass emissions test all day long...thats what im running and had no problems. 2.5 inch exhaust for sure on small block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts