Garage door buttons (Homelink/Lear)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Mine programmed in less than a minute.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup its simple. Gotta make it from the garage opener signal to the learn button in about 15 secs

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never programmed the home link on any of my vehicles but do the buttons still work if the ignition is off ?

G17GEN4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup its simple. Gotta make it from the garage opener signal to the learn button in about 15 secs

Did all of that. It's also having issues programming to the gate at the community entrance.

In my old vehicle all I had to do was open the garage with the normal garage door opener while holding down the button in the vehicle, and it automatically programmed. Not sure why any manufacturer would want to deviate from such a simple method.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did all of that. It's also having issues programming to the gate at the community entrance.

In my old vehicle all I had to do was open the garage with the normal garage door opener while holding down the button in the vehicle, and it automatically programmed. Not sure why any manufacturer would want to deviate from such a simple method.

wouldn't that sorta defeat the purpose of living in a gated community? If anyone with a remote can get access, you sorta lose that benefit of being gated.

Our community has these strips on our windows sort of like a transponder for the toll roads around here. No batteries, just picks up a signal and opens the gate right up. Guests gotta get through the guards (they are like the military here, lol).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968