Gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm pretty happy. I just clocked my mileage and I'm getting a solid 18 mpg. I've got 144k miles on it and I'm running stock tires right now, I haven't switched over to my 285/60r/18's yet. I've been lazy. Anyway, what is everybody else getting. When it was new it was rated at 13 city/16 hwy.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This topic has been covered many times, my 2000 Escalade window sticker is the same as yours 13/16. If you are getting 18mpg on the highway your one of the few! I have never, I mean never gotten better then 14.5 on the highway. Here in NYC I get about 6-9 but its closer to 6 most of the time especially with the a/c.

OP
OP
bass1775

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a few mods. Headers, dual cats, dual exhaust, CAI, MSD ignition, BB tune, power plus throttle body. The truck runs really well. 6 mpg??? Whoa!

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a few mods. Headers, dual cats, dual exhaust, CAI, MSD ignition, BB tune, power plus throttle body. The truck runs really well. 6 mpg??? Whoa!

My truck is stock with a fresh tune up and K&N and I rarely get 200 miles out of a tank when driving around town. I know some of you are from the NY area so you know how it is in queens. A stop sign on every block and a red light every three blocks. Nevermind the traffic!

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drove my tahoe on vacation to Atlanta ,I put 3k miles on in 15 days averaged 16mpg

I get 17-18 hwy 13-15 around town w/AC .

Truck is completely stock except tires p285/75/16s

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What gear ratio do you run?

I was gonna say the same thing! He is gonna say stock! Watch. LOL

I edited my post cause I dont want a pissing match with someone online. I would love to see first hand 18mpg in one of these trucks especially with high miles. EPA mpg are always over rated. These trucks are rated @ 13/16 but there are always a few.......

Last edited:

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just started my mixed mileage test after some mods, but I have 3.73, 20's and every single time the AC is on full blast since it is 108-116 F every day and the cooling fan is locked up even on the highway. Also I use the remote start while getting ready to go to work....wasted fuel.

Stock is rated at 12/16 .....I still have the OEM window sticker.

So far Im at 156 miles and have just over a half tank left. We will see when I fill it up.

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What gear ratio do you run?

Of course it is stock....lol

Code in glovebox says GT4 So that should be 3:73
also G80 should be locking diff.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

I was gonna say the same thing! He is gonna say stock! Watch. LOL

I edited my post cause I dont want a pissing match with someone online. I would love to see first hand 18mpg in one of these trucks especially with high miles. EPA mpg are always over rated. These trucks are rated @ 13/16 but there are always a few.......

I was really surprised it got that good, 18mpg was only on the first 2 days going across Tex. and La. We were running @ 65mph according to my Tom- Tom.

After we got into Miss. and Alabama I was running 70mph and it dropped to 16mpg. I live in Oklahoma were the turnpike speedlimit is 75mph....

I have not checked it on the turnpike ,but at that speed I am sure it would be awful.

Just wanted to add a small tidbit,I am 44yrs old my leadfoot days are long behind me.....All of my MPG readings were fill-up to fill up while on vacation.
The EPA sticker has a disclaimer about driving habits and conditions .I have not checked MPG in any other conditions(back and forth to work,getting groceries etc.)
I was fully aware I was buying a Gashog when I bought my Tahoe .......

Last edited:

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is completely stock other than a K&N drop in air filter. Around town we have been averaging 14.5 and on the highway it has averaged 17.5. Now you also have to keep in mind that I am also running an Edge Ensight CTS monitor and can monitor the load on the engine and no matter where we are we have been trying to keep that percentage down as low as possible to see just how good we can get. So far I am actually pleased with it considering.

EDIT: The highway was trying to keep it at between 70-75 mph on I-81 in Va.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus