gears and tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Hey Nick, I would listen to all the comments in here and formulate your own opinion, especially about the body lift. As far as what Kris and Justin are stating, they are right on the money. My Hoe has a 6" suspension and a 3" body lift, and the body lift has been on the truck for around 6 years now, with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. Unless you are doing some serious, and I mean serious off roading and rock crawling everyday, the body lift will not wear out and "break" like Eric mentioned. I have put my Tahoe in some serious steep hills, Texas heat, cold, mud, and sand, and so far have performed flawlessly. :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

And 'sides, the 3" BL will be the best "bang for your buck" in order to add the size tires you want, but re-gearing is a MAJOR MUST, if not you will be buying a new transmission and your gas mileage will suffer substantially!!!

98chubby

Reaction score
way off on the gears. 4.56 for 35s, 4.88 for 36-37, 5.13 for 38-39+. Some of our trucks came with 3.73 or 4.10 gears, don't waste your money with anything less than 4.56. A body lift is the quickest way to get 2 or 3 more inches. next option is a bigger IFS lift or as stated above SAS (solid axle swap) if you are a good fabricator or have a bunch of money to throw at it that is the best option

So 4.56 would be ideal for 35''? Cause i have the stock 3.73 and it seems to be running fine. What would be the difference?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby