Genuine Tech2 quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I wanted to wrap this up.... Thank you all for your help! Per the norm, I was wayyy over thinking this, and trying to save a couple dollars...

The guy who had the two original right here in my back yard that was out of town working didn't reply to 3 texts from me asking if he was home or coming home soon. Then sent me a message at 831pm on the marketbook, which I don't use unless I'm shopping... I saw it 23hrs later and replied, sent another text and called him sayin I would meet him whenever Monday morn. Didn't hear from him at all. Monday afternoon I got on market and he had marked item SOLD. I mess him again on market and phone asking "you sell both". Tuesday I got reply said "yes".... SMH

So I got online and ordered one from OBDII.SHOP, and pay $68 for 3-7day shipping from Hong Kong, $309.xx total... Received confirm email of order. 3 days later still no tracking number. Sent email ask WTH is goin on? Got reply stating I had to pay $58 more for rural delivery! I took deep breath and instead of teeing off I wrote the most legally correct letter I could come up with after self teaching myself Law off and on for last two years. That was last Friday. Told them they had til Monday to close of business to resolve the problem. Said I paid for 3-7 day ship and this is day 9!

A few hours went buy w/no reply.... So at the urging of my better half, I got on Ebay and ordered one for $398.00, after fees and tax it was $428... Then an hour later got an email from OBDII.SHOP profusely apologizing and stating they shipped it FEDEX Express (attached screen shot)

Today, less than 30hrs after Ebay purchase the expensive clone arrived (attached pic). Fastest I've ever received anything Ive ever bought off Ebay....ever!

So in the beginning I was thinking I might get two authentic Tech 2's for under $400.......and in the end it looks like I'm going to get two clones for $737......(insert face palm here)

But I have one (two) and I'm grateful for that.....thanks again guys!! :D

View attachment 436446View attachment 436447
I'm in the market for one fwiw.

OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns

5StarCustmSolutns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for one fwiw.

Good deal... I'll DM you soon as it arrives and I can confirm that all parts are present and working as they should! And give you my word that I will help you if any warranty issues should arrive!

Unless warranty is transferable to you??

Heres todays Fedex Express tracking update

Im thinking Express doesn't mean the same in Hong Kong as here?? Monday- Thursday to move from HK to Lantua Island HK....smh

Screenshot 2024-08-29 12.18.48 PM.png

Last edited:

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine from them on 17 Aug. It was delivered on the 26th. That 18 x 13 metal case from Harbor Freight holds it perfectly.

joe

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal... I'll DM you soon as it arrives and I can confirm that all parts are present and working as they should! And give you my word that I will help you if any warranty issues should arrive!

Unless warranty is transferable to you??

Heres todays Fedex Express tracking update

Im thinking Express doesn't mean the same in Hong Kong as here?? Monday- Thursday to move from HK to Lantua Island HK....smh

View attachment 436481
Ok thanks

OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns

5StarCustmSolutns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer a plastic case, but the ones I saw were twice as expensive, or worse.

joe

I can now report:

-- A Tech 2 does not fit in the Harbor Freight Apache 2800
-- Does fit in the 3800 but doesn't leave much room for activities in there with it
-- Fits better in a 4800 (currently on sale for 44.99)

A Tech 2 is 12.125" tall x 6.5" wide x 2.0625" thick. And those are tight measurements

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtdelta