Getting ready to order grill, need opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a new grill for my 04 Yukon. I think I'm going with the street scene speed grill. It says its a clip on installation which kinda worries me. I love how this grill looks, but I don't want a grill that you can see the stock grille thru it. I know a lot of people have them, any tips? Haven't installed a grill on a truck yet, I'm assuming even though it clips on, you can still cut out the original? Also, what finish is good to go with. I'm thinking of going with chrome or polished stainless, but I've never had the two side by side to recall the difference. Also thinking of painting the grill shell to match the body. Let me know what you think!

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
You should be able to just pull the old one off and pop the new one in place.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics?
clip on grills sit infront of the stock grill, attaches to the stock one and looks almost flush with the grill shell. the other cut out style lets you get rid of the stock grill and mount the new one using the same mounting tabs as the original and usually look recessed a little bit in the grill shell, better looking option in my opinion but trickier as well. clip on grill is more reversable since you have to rip the stock one out for the cut out style and the stock grill mounting tabs break damn easy.

Last edited:

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the chrome speed grille on my tahoe and the clips hold on pretty good, mine has been on for going on 2yrs now. As far as seeing the stock grille thru it, I only see mine if I look really close but it's not noticeable at all. The chrome is a more shiny finish and the polished is the same color it just looks dull.

OP
OP
R

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the chrome speed grille on my tahoe and the clips hold on pretty good, mine has been on for going on 2yrs now. As far as seeing the stock grille thru it, I only see mine if I look really close but it's not noticeable at all. The chrome is a more shiny finish and the polished is the same color it just looks dull.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't be worried if I had a suburban, but the yukon grill is so much bigger and I have seen a lot of cheap bolt over grills on other gmc's around here and it just bugs me to see the stock grill through the other. I ordered a polished stainless and was hoping it would be here today, but doesn't look like its gonna be.

OP
OP
R

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed the new grille last night. Looks great, but it's been pissin and pourin all day so no pics yet. My only complaint on the street scene speed grill is it probably cost them next to nothin to make, and then they sell it to us for $165. I probably could have got it a little cheaper, but I ordered it through a friends shop.

OP
OP
R

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For now, I plan on doing a Street Scene roll pan, 24s this summer, and a bigger tv. It's actually my wife's daily, but we have 3 kids and 1 more coming in late feb. so I gotta play a little mild. Plus I'm building my car up too, so it's going to be a slow process unless I hit the lotto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968