Getting so sick of a bad ride in the tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cant take how crappy the truck rides lately..

My set up is stock shocks in front (they need to be replaced), keys in front , 5" coils in rear with helper bags, shock extensions and new shocks in rear...also have the free travel mod done..

i know with the 24s its going to ride a little rougher, but its horroble..my buddies busted cavilier rides better then my truck..

Would some spindles in front and crank it back up to get off bumpstops help out a little? in the spring i plan to replace tie rods, steering arms, maybe balljoints, sway bar bushings front and rear etc and see how that helps, along with shocks...but if that doesnt help im thinking of going back to stock..it just sucks lol

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going back up off the bump stops will help the ride. Just lift that thing. Stock is no fun :(

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
my yukon rides like crap too.. It was okay when I first dropped it but now it's so loose..

Every bump I hit I hear this clanking in the back. I have no clue what it is.. everything seems tight but who knows. The roads here are horrible and traffic usually flows at 60-70 so when I hit bumps it's like a roller coaster. Scary and hard to drive. :(

Looks good tho :waytogo:

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya ill be back on stocks here soon for the winter, so i might by happy for a bit..but in the spring ill do everything i said and if the ride gets no better ill be figureing something out..id love to go down to 20s or 22s for performance, but one of my rims is ****** so they aint worth anything

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to stay with rear coil springs try out the DJM trailblazer 4" drop springs. Yesterday was the first time I really got to ride around in my Tahoe since I put them in. They are really soft and ride nice....practically stock. It didn't lower it as much as I was told but I couldn't take the ride of the other springs I had. I have the front DJM A-arms in the front. I haven't rode in any that have been lowered by torsion keys only so I don't know what kind of ride that is like.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Bilsteins and bumpstops homie...that 35 series sidewall isn't helping either.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bilsteins and bumpstops homie...that 35 series sidewall isn't helping either.

you think bumpstops would help? im still prolly 4" from frame in the rear...i dont bottom out at all..

i think once i replace the front end parts, get some spindles and get off the front bumpstops ill be a little happier...shit was worn out when we dropped it 15k miles ago lol

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i posted a tahoe up of a customer that was in his 50s. on 305 35 24 and 3/5.5 custom drop with djm shocks it rides pefect. Many other people have been going to the tb rear setup I sell and ride is a lot better than ANY 5 inch tahoe spring out there.

Trust me on this change to the rear set up i sell and your ride will be much better but you will need to cut off the bumpstop brackets for sure.

with my set up aka djm 3/5.5 and djm shocks all around truck will sit 1/2 inch at most higher in rear then front and ride is the best out there thats for sure.

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel you pain, I have the 295/35-24's also and the ride sucks. I need to change shocks to see what that does, but I think it mostly has to do with the low pro tire/wheel setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts