Getting so sick of a bad ride in the tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
He did the free travel mod, just needs better shocks front and back with some z71 front bumpstops.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I feel you pain, I have the 295/35-24's also and the ride sucks. I need to change shocks to see what that does, but I think it mostly has to do with the low pro tire/wheel setup.

nope its the kit. i put up pics of the customers truck on 305 35 24 with my 3/5.5 kit and he took his old set up off ie spindles/drop keys and the other rear 5 inch kit and put my set up on with shocks and rides perfect. much better htan old set up.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what bilstein HD part number shocks are needed (front and back) for our lowered Yukons?

F4-BE5-E672-H0 (fronts)
F4-BE5-E380-H0 (rears)

this is what Max recommended to me, and I got, and am very satisfied. the rears are for our trucks....the fronts are for the Hummer H3, but work great...same dimensions as those for our trucks, but with an integrated bumpstop

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i posted a tahoe up of a customer that was in his 50s. on 305 35 24 and 3/5.5 custom drop with djm shocks it rides pefect. Many other people have been going to the tb rear setup I sell and ride is a lot better than ANY 5 inch tahoe spring out there.

Trust me on this change to the rear set up i sell and your ride will be much better but you will need to cut off the bumpstop brackets for sure.

with my set up aka djm 3/5.5 and djm shocks all around truck will sit 1/2 inch at most higher in rear then front and ride is the best out there thats for sure.

What exactly does the setup consist of in the front? I cant go any lower in the rear..when im slammed in the rear(5 people in the truck, tucking tire), my tires rub the upper link bar mount on the frame..not good..i need to move the axle back about an inch to fix this problem...

with the helper bags in the springs, and new shocks on the back, the rear doesnt ride that bad...im hoping its more my worn out front end parts that are hurting it..ill start there(since it needs to be done anyway) and then see how it rides..

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what does your truck sit at now from ground to fendelrip all around?

the rear djm springs i have spacers to sit it the same your at now but ride will be much better.

in front djm 3 inch a arms with djm shocks is what ir un for a 3 inch drop. Ride is great.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe im sitting at about 33.5 with the 32.5:" tires...im pretty much dead level right now...10 psi in the bags, new shocks in rear..front is just keys and stock everythign else, 170k....it all needs replacing..

do the 3" arms get you off the bumpstops in front? send me a PM on what you can do for a price for the TB springs and arms..only thing is im gonna have to buy new bags for the TB springs right?

also kinda thinking of getting rid of the 4s and going for some 22" TBSS replicas, grey with 275/45/22 Nitto 420s..let me know a price on that set up as well :secret:

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i believe im sitting at about 33.5 with the 32.5:" tires...im pretty much dead level right now...10 psi in the bags, new shocks in rear..front is just keys and stock everythign else, 170k....it all needs replacing..

do the 3" arms get you off the bumpstops in front? send me a PM on what you can do for a price for the TB springs and arms..only thing is im gonna have to buy new bags for the TB springs right?

the tb springs are wider so yes. But before you do pop yours in just to test out.

didnt get the pm on the springs or the arms shoot me one and we can go from there.

bub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you ever figure out what was making your ride suffer?

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really sure...im back on stocks for the winter so that helped the ride a bit lol...in the spring im either gonna go with some drop spindles or drop arms, as well as trailing arm relocation kit and new shocks in front and go from there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler71

Latest posts