Getting so sick of a bad ride in the tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Spindles + crank the keys back up and some GOOD shocks all around will make a world of a difference, btw the trailing arm relocation isn't worth the effort I'd just build some arms at that point but you're not low enough for that to be a valid concern.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
5 inch drop in rear i would do the trailing arms and endlinks.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I think endlinks make way more of a difference then trailing arms ever will so how come those aren't sold separately.. I know I would buy a pair

today I just put in helper bags and it made a HUGE difference in ride quality and I'm running DJM shocks in the rear

so it sounds like to me you just need new shocks

I've always wanted to try the bilsteins so if you do buy them make sure to make a review :)

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just talking about sway bar end links or what? max, didnt you get some shorter ones? I just dont know what to do about the arms in back..my tires rub on the frame mount in the front for the upper arms when im loaded down with 5 people...i dont want to have to put more air in the bags everytime we go somewhere..would those arms move the axle back just enough to center it better?

ya im either goin spindles or arms in the spring, not really sure yet..first thing first i need to replace all the steering parts and im sure that will help the ride..

what are the part numbers for the bilsteins? front and rear

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
speaking of spindles. I just installed mine this weekend. The mcgaughy's 17" spindles. Before i had stock keys cranked. Now it drives alot better, much smoother. But i also only have 70k miles on mine. Just my opinion on the spindles.

I need shocks now. Wouldnt mind knowing the bilsteins number also.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks max. i knew they were somewhere, just didnt think it was this thread. lol.

How are these compared to the beltech street ones? Never done shocks before so i have no idea on this.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I honestly think the Belltech Street shocks are too soft/mushy. I changed from them to 5100 series Bilsteins shocks and now I love the ride

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly think the Belltech Street shocks are too soft/mushy. I changed from them to 5100 series Bilsteins shocks and now I love the ride

THANK YOU! Finally someone who doesnt think the belltech sp's are the greatest. I have em front and back in my truck and its awful. They dont even compare to the bilsteins i had on prior to these. next non-bills paycheck and i'll be giving Summit a call, hopefully before it snows, not a fan of truck work when its 30 degrees out.

*wasnt meant to bash belltech, i know alot of people that run their products and are more than happy with them, and im sure those shocks provide the ride quality some prefer, just not my preference.

Last edited:

Omar

Reaction score
awful? that bad?
what wrong with them?
what do u recommend for a lowered application
i know that bilstein dont have shocks for lowed trucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler71