going to see a Suburban ltz 2007, what should I be careful of?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lange74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
tonight I'm going to see a beige 2007 suburban LTZ with 80 000 miles

Any particular things I should look for? Any specific problems I should be careful of?

Is it true that after 80 000 miles some tend to use a lot of oil?

thanks

JT1983

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just spent 2 months looking for a tahoe. A few things I noticed are this.

People put new tires on trucks to hide screwed up front ends. Usually, People dont put money into things they are trying to get rid of so if someone puts new tires on a truck theyre selling Its a RED FLAG!

If the truck is from anywhere north of NJ it will be covered in rust. look under the hood, If it has it, youll see it.

There is a seal where the front wheel drive shaft comes out of the 4 wheel drive gear box. (I do not know technical names) That seal was leaking on alot of used trucks I looked at. Im told its relatively cheap to fix. (Depending on how long its been leaking and if there is any fluid left inside)

I would have someone who knows body work look at it to see if its been painted. A clean Carfax doesnt mean anything. IF someone had an accident and paid out of pocket to have it fixed, carfax wouldnt know about it.

There are a bizillion trucks on the market with gas prices rising, if it isnt exactly what your looking for, dont buy it! What your looking for is out there!

Hope this helps... Just things I realized or came across while looking....
If I think of anything else Ill add it....

SCMODS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just sold a 2008 Tahoe Z71 with 68,000 miles. If you didn't see the odometer, you'd guess it had 20,000 miles max. I took incredible care of it because that's how I am. The advice above is solid but my biggest point is to try to buy directly from an owner where there's evidence they took great care of their truck. Find a car guy...someone who did things right, kept receipts and sometimes is honest enough to even explain the good, bad and ugly about the truck before you make a decision. If you search autotrader.com by keyword term you may be able to find one which still carries an extended warranty.

There are enough gas-price-hardship situations around right now that it should be a strong buyer's market.

Good luck

OP
OP
L

lange74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for your tips. I saw it and seems great. The guy came with his wife who seem proud to show it to me. Original owner.
Problem is I live in Quebec Canada... here they are rare! In Quebec we have a culture of small hatchback cars... here an explorer is crazy big. Right now, I cannot find more than 3 2007-2009 LTZ on sale 500km around me.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should take a road trip to the good U.S.A. I'm pretty sure you would find exactly what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the dashboard up around the windsheild for cracks.

If it has already cracked, make them replace it free.... or walk away.

ec07z71

Reaction score
if it's a 07 check the transfer case for the pin-hole leak problem - if its a NP246 this is a problem that could occur -learned this 1st hand :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee