Going to the dogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcgruff2u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Posted this in '06 and down by accident I'll try here also..

I just bought a really nice black on black 2007 LTZ, now i need to figure out my dogs. I plan to pull out the 3rd row but want a NICE fitted black mat or carpet to put back there. Also I can't find a pet barrier made for the Tahoe, all the "universal fits" look bad and rattle...any suggestions?

billard81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Husky Liners makes a pretty decent fitted black mat that might suit your needs. It would be easy to take out and clean when needed.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted this in '06 and down by accident I'll try here also..

I just bought a really nice black on black 2007 LTZ, now i need to figure out my dogs. I plan to pull out the 3rd row but want a NICE fitted black mat or carpet to put back there. Also I can't find a pet barrier made for the Tahoe, all the "universal fits" look bad and rattle...any suggestions?

I have a 'fitted' weathertech laser cut cargo liner in mine.

http://www.weathertech.com

drillspot.com has it for 110$ shipped.. cheapest you will ever find it.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a Huskyliner rear mat and have a headrest mounted metal gate that blocks from the seat tops up to the ceiling and a fabric mesh barrier that blocks the area between the 2nd row buckets. This set-up works very well, does not rattle and does not take away any room from the rear cargo area. I also have a large dog bed that fits back there too...no complaints from my 3 labs.

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also looking into the gate as well but for a cheap easy mat I went to Menard's and got a enterway carpet. It is the kind that has a rubber bottom and carpet top with 1" rubber around the sides. A 4'x6' mat works great in the back of the Tahoe. And it only cost $25.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also use the weathertech cargo liner, well all the weathertech mats actually...

as for the gate, i do not know. my golden loves the back of the truck, it is his second home since he is in the truck with me so much for work and play...he never tries to come through the captains chairs, he just knows thats his domain, and everywhere else is my domain!

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use these on the 2nd row buckets....what I like is you can still recline the seats and is easily adjusted and removed.

full_lowres-walky-gard-plus-mesh.jpg

joshh385

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use these on the 2nd row buckets....what I like is you can still recline the seats and is easily adjusted and removed.

full_lowres-walky-gard-plus-mesh.jpg

This looks like a pretty good setup! Do you have part names/links for the two items used?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968