Got a '96 Tahoe and am Looking for Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gangrel1230

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You know the lights that police often have mounted on the interior of the grill? They are basically those just amber. I would have those mounted in the grill with one that I can set on the dash and remove when not in use. I would also mount some light in the rear probably in either the tail lights or in the rear window. The purpose of these would be for a cadet program I am in and often we need some extra visibility for what we are doing. So it is good to notify people what is happening. And personally they look cool anyway.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i figured as much. but unless you are actual law enforcement alternate flashing ambers are likely illegal in your state as is just about all of them.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

search or work light are good tho. but check with local laws regarding mounting specifics.

OP
OP
G

gangrel1230

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Flashing ambers are fine in MA. There are plenty of them on the road. You just cannot use red, white, blue or green. And cannot be using them without a definite purpose.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
normal flashing together yes but i am thinking alternate flashing. the law in ma says "No motor vehicle so operated shall mount or display a flashing, rotating or oscillating light in any direction except pursuant to section seven E of this chapter; provided, however, that this shall not apply to the use of rear directional signals nor to the proper use of vehicle hazard warning signals as provided for by this section". and section e refers to "official" vehicles. just ask a local police station or something to be sure you dont get in trouble. there were permits issuable for such things.

OP
OP
G

gangrel1230

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know. I have done some research on the whole idea. Even though the law says some things, there has never been anything done about most lights that I have seen. A friend that lives in MA did exactly what I am going to do minus the strobes on the roof and no one said anything against it. I know other people with the oscillating strobe beacons on their roofs and nothing happens to them. Basically as long as you don't draw attention to yourself with them you a fine and if you are using amber only. And as I am only going to use them for when my truck is stationary or in the event I need them on a winter road with low visibility they won't be running.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pull over and get out of the way, then when I saw some kid driving by I would run him off the road into a ditch.

Mass-hole 4 lyfe yo

OP
OP
G

gangrel1230

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah hell naw. I am not some Mass hole. Just cause I live here doesn't mean I'm from here. I'm from Maine, we just moved to Mass for a better school system and job.

Blown3ur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're looking to replace your center console, you could always try to find a 99-2000 Escalade/Denali Console... But not easy to find, much less for anything under $300 or so from what I've found looking for one. :(
hqdefault.jpg

I put a console out of a Lincoln Navigator in mine.
C360_2013-02-17-13-51-58_zps4f9b08bd.jpg

Or just go back with a stocker. I just threw one away actually...

Not wanting to hijack the thread but that navigator console looks right at home in the hoe'.. Was is a direct bolt on? i wanted to do the Escalade console but they're too darn pricy.

Congrats to the OP.. Sweet truck ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunRae48