Got bored, went off-road...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks clean. How did you end up lifting your Denali? My gramp's has a 2006 Denali he wants to lift another 2 inches or so and I was starting to look into how he could do it

I'm thinking with some leveling keys and then maybe some coil spacers he might get 2 extra inches or so?

OP
OP
03Dnasty

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks clean. How did you end up lifting your Denali? My gramp's has a 2006 Denali he wants to lift another 2 inches or so and I was starting to look into how he could do it

I'm thinking with some leveling keys and then maybe some coil spacers he might get 2 extra inches or so?

I have Z71 springs on the rear which lifts it 2" and then just 2"-3" keys on the front. Rear sits at 39" to the center of the rear fenders and the fronts at 38 1/2" I could go up to 39" on the front, but for whatever reason like on most of these trucks the drivers side torsion is almost maxed out, and the passenger is only like half way. So I didn't way to max out the drivers side for an extra 1/2 inch. You could also do 2" spacers on the rear, I just had trouble fitting them in when I tired to do spacers so I just said screw it and bought springs off RockAuto.com for like $50. Same price as spacers and went right in, no prob. But if he still has the factory autoride hooked up, I'm not real sure how you have to go about doing it. You'd have to do some research on here, but I know it can be done.

Last edited:

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Z71 springs on the rear which lifts it 2" and then just 2"-3" keys on the front. Rear sits at 39" to the center of the rear fenders and the fronts at 38 1/2" I could go up to 39" on the front, but for whatever reason like on most of these trucks the drivers side torsion is almost maxed out, and the passenger is only like half way. So I didn't way to max out the drivers side for an extra 1/2 inch. You could also do 2" spacers on the rear, I just had trouble fitting them in when I tired to do spacers so I just said screw it and bought springs off RockAuto.com for like $50. Same price as spacers and went right in, no prob. But if he still has the factory autoride hooked up, I'm not real sure how you have to go about doing it. You'd have to do some research on here, but I know it can be done.

Thanks man. I never though of just getting some Z71 springs. Yeah, Autoride is still hooked up I belive. I'll have to look into that.

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
link for the z71 springs?

I am looking at an 04 Denali as I type and wanna buy. service autoride light is on? can i just diable and buy springs like you with keys in front? or did you actually remove autoride compressor?

OP
OP
03Dnasty

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
link for the z71 springs?

I am looking at an 04 Denali as I type and wanna buy. service autoride light is on? can i just diable and buy springs like you with keys in front? or did you actually remove autoride compressor?

RockAuto.com MOOG Part # 81069 is where I got the springs. Run about $68 shipped.

Just have to unhook the negative on the battery and take out the RTD fuse under the hood. Then just swap out the autoride shocks for gas shocks and you're good to go! Go service lights or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrettman