Got my hd hood!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really dig the hood can you explain how you got it to fit the yukon front ends?

Basically all you have to do is trim the hood out for the headlights. We made a template out of cardboard from my old hood but we had to measure a lot too since my old hood was bent in the front.

It took about 10 hours to cut the hood, roll the edges over so it looks factory, weld it up and them do all the body work to it.

Also mine fit a little short so we had to drill out the mounting holes to slide it forward a little bit.

OP
OP
N

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some requests for more pics some here are a few of the gaps and the vents

newhood012.jpg

newhood011.jpg

newhood010.jpg

newhood009.jpg

newhood008.jpg

newhood007.jpg

newhood006.jpg

newhood013.jpg

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Thanks Scott! That does'nt look to terrrible at all from the pics. I see concern areas,but over all fitment is 90 of a 100. You've got me stoked now:Handshake:

OP
OP
N

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing i say to do is colormatch the front bumper/airdam.

Actually my next mod to do. Ran out of funds to do it the way i wanted so i thought i would wait for a couple of months. My front bumper is in sad shape with about six large dents in it and i want to do a denali rear bumper cover

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
The hood does look good in the pics, minor gaps, but still nice. Like you said, saving a buck on aftermarket can bite you in the ass sometimes. Still looks clean bro

But ya, you need to change.......... JK man, sounds like you got big plans. :pimp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms