Got my Spectre CAI installed today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my new Spectre CAI today. Only took about 1.5hours. might seem long to some but I was cleaning some of the engine compartment as I went along. Install was clean and simple and the instructions were spot on.

I took her for a short spin around the block, man does she groan when you open her up. I knew it was gonna be a bit louder but now it sounds like I mean business.

Its late now, but will post some pics in the AM.

MWNT

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pics....

915718849_ffmop-M.jpg

915719044_airSH-M.jpg

Had one minor issue with fitment near the battery. I was uncomfortable with the closeness of the guard to the neg battery terminal. I did some slight bending and created about an inch of clearance. it didnt affect the install but I got a little pice of mind with it.

915718918_8h6uB-M.jpg

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good, i had ordered 1 but returned it cause i thought it was just the filter and filter box.

any check engine light after the install?

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grimm,
There feels a 'mild' increase in the powerband, but this could also be a "I-can-hear-it's-louder-so-it-must-be-more-powerful" type thing. She groans loud, especially after 2800rpm. I definately can confirm a better throttle response on the highway. Around town, about the same.

TXGMC,
No thankfully. I was afraid of this from the beginning but after putting about 40miles on her so far, I'd say we are in the clear.

ewheelin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't know about the others, but I took the K&N FIPK off of my Silverado and transferred it to the Tahoe. The filter is huge, and when you get on it,it sounds like a Holley 850 with out an air filter at WOT.It definitely makes a difference in performance and mileage. Got to get dual 40 Flowmasters on it and I will be all set.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hate how the box is open and it more prone to heat soak (sucking hot air given off by the engine inside the bay) and doesn't even take advantage of OEM's hole on the innder fender to allow colder air in.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Seems like it still uses the OEM collector. I think you could have gotten better results with a drop in K & N.

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only real issue i see with the Spectre CAI is that it does not get rid of the TB intake 'cover and baffle' like a K&N CAI does....

I also notice that the Spectre CAI 'relocates' the MAF right to the filter vs ferther back in the stock location.

Also moviewithnotitle,did you descreen your MAF or leave it be? I would have to say with your Spectre set up,you could most likely descreen your MAF without issue.Then again even people with bone stock intakes could descreen their MAF and not see any real issue.If anything they might see a gain in MPG 'and' power due to a slight timing bump and leaner burn.Their is much debate when it comes to this "free" mod.I may have to start a new thread pertaining to this.

chitown906

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fitment of my kit doesn't seem right any insight would be greatly appreciated...

Chi_Town

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayODaBoss

Latest posts