Got myself an Air Filter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
you'll notice a HUGE difference once you get a tune ...... without a tune the intake won't give you any more performance ..... because you're MAF sensor is going to simply adjust accordingly for the increased air .... sort of defeats the purpose without a tune IMO

OP
OP
vobarex

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you'll notice a HUGE difference once you get a tune ...... without a tune the intake won't give you any more performance ..... because you're MAF sensor is going to simply adjust accordingly for the increased air .... sort of defeats the purpose without a tune IMO

Well I better get a tune then hunh?! I dont know much about the "tuning" process. Can i have them ship me a PCM and then send mine back in for the core? I cant go without my vehicular.

Also, this wouldnt be throwing that light would it?

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Huh??? What do you think the maf controls???

Well I better get a tune then hunh?! I dont know much about the "tuning" process. Can i have them ship me a PCM and then send mine back in for the core? I cant go without my vehicular.

Also, this wouldnt be throwing that light would it?

Here is a good thread for you to read about cai's :)

If the filter has to much oil on it,it could have gotten on the maf and set the code off yes..

OP
OP
vobarex

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should I have gotten the un-oiled filter?, did I mess up? How do I clean that MAF?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should I have gotten the un-oiled filter?, did I mess up? How do I clean that MAF?

Just be sure not to over oil it...

OP
OP
vobarex

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didnt oil it at all, it came pre-oiled, it says in 25000 miles I should oil it. Damnit, I need a scanner! And a tune.....and more money?!

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Just sent my email about the tune, I think im going with the cable tune.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we all could use more money! This is an expensive hobby :)

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oiled AFE filters are supposedly more efficient by something like 3% in comparison to the pro-dry filters (which I have installed on the Tahoe & BMW).

Throttle response should be improved as will the MPG with the CAI even without the tune in place. With the tune in place the programming will change the parameters from OEM to allow for the efficiency of the CAI and tune to work together. Add headers and an exhaust and you'll be about set.

I have the intake & exhaust, but haven't taken on the tune yet. My miles per tank improved by +/- 25 to date. Now getting 390-395 miles per with the 5.3liter.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been told with these nnbs rigs, though, that headers aren't really necessary because the stocker exhaust manifolds are already pretty good and not very restrictive. Thoughts??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mako671