Grease slip yolk cluk how to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share what they did to grease or lubricate their slip yolk to solve the clunk?
I have searched and i cant seem to find specifics?
What i would like to know i....
what type or grease? how was it allpied? will it mix in the transfer case? what method did you use to get the grease in there? ect.... is there a difference in what should be used for the different transmissions and years?

help me please guys, i am going to do my brakes this week and this clunk is driving me crazy.

btw i have a 08 yukon denali

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i`ve read there is a nickel plated slip yolk that solves the problem.

Grease will fix it for a while but the clunk will return and if you keep greasing it you will contaminate your fluid.

I checked around and advance auto sells them for about $170

Last edited:

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like some info on this as well. Our escalade has been having that clunking problem for quite some time, and i need to get it sorted out before i sell it.

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i`ve read there is a nickel plated slip yolk that solves the problem.

Grease will fix it for a while but the clunk will return and if you keep greasing it you will contaminate your fluid.

I checked around and advance auto sells them for about $170

Is it two of them I have to change? The front and the back?

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have searched and searched. I found guys who did the bouncy ball. Guys who greased it. I can't seem to find a definite part number for the mickle plates yolk. Come on guys there are allot of denali's on here. What did you do to yours?

Mechahead

Reaction score
It looks like the reason you may be having so much trouble finding the part number is due to the fact that your truck is not part of the bulletin. At least not yet anyway. I am looking at the bulletin and the newest part numbers are 12479384 for the yoke and 12479126 for the u-joint you will need to go with it.
These may still fit your setup though.

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you geese the 6l80 or will the grease mix with the tranny fluid?