grill mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have to either cut out where the lower portion of the grill where it protrudes into the bumper cover, or cut the bumper cover to allow the grill to fit.

02TahoeSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok.. I'm going to have to pick up a grill and look at it. The SS cover is to much to cut up.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's boozer truck pretty sure he trimmed the lower portion of the HD grille to get it to fit to keep SS bumper cover. Trucks look good with that grille update good luck man

OP
OP
T

timinsk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm going to purchase the grille and bumper portions just hopefully can find it in my color. If I recall I can still just use my current hood since there 01-02 hd hoods fit on our trucks?

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Did some browsing and my hoe is that grey metallic 05. If I can find a vertical grill but the 2500hd still I may just get that and remove the plastic and replace it with the black abs mesh if I can find it cheap enough.

nonhd ebay

this is the normal style with vertical still cutting if I went this route.

Just trying to pass some ideas along

Theres this too but I dont know how I feel about the center dimples under the lights...

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use stucco mesh and paint/ plastidip it. Hand bend it to fit yourself

Sorry for the mess and not finished pics but after you get the general shape cut, just flip it all over and throw on thick gloves, The mesh is sharp as hell. Work it in until you get the desired shape and center creases and your done! I get so many people who see mine up close and ask about where it was ordered from and can't believe that its stucco mesh from Home Depot for 8$ hahaha

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2574-1.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

Last edited:

2004yukonlover

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just removed my grill for the first time so this is if you need a reference on how to put it back or for newbies to get educated

hepp04hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use stucco mesh and paint/ plastidip it. Hand bend it to fit yourself

Sorry for the mess and not finished pics but after you get the general shape cut, just flip it all over and throw on thick gloves, The mesh is sharp as hell. Work it in until you get the desired shape and center creases and your done! I get so many people who see mine up close and ask about where it was ordered from and can't believe that its stucco mesh from Home Depot for 8$ hahaha

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2574-1.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

this is pretty much what I want to do but use a thicker mesh and have it all black. also going to install some flush mount led lights in it and possibly a light bar. I don't want them just behind the grille but in it.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
this is pretty much what I want to do but use a thicker mesh and have it all black. also going to install some flush mount led lights in it and possibly a light bar. I don't want them just behind the grille but in it.
Damn that would look legit. Get a curved led bar custom built into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius

Latest posts