guages stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffr630

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first thread on this forum, just bought an '04 Tahoe LT about a week ago. Has 152k miles, and is in great condition except for this gauge problem. I'm hoping you guys can help me out with this. There are three gauges that aren't working properly.

Battery voltage gauge- started by showing low voltage while running (~10-11v) and then stopped working altogether and the needle stays all the way to the left

Oil pressure gauge- most of the time the needle is all the way to the right at about the 4 oclock position, every once in a while the needle will be at either the 40 mark or the 60 mark.

Speedometer- this just acted up today, it randomly changed to where the needle would stop at about 30mph when i would bring the car to a complete stop, then if i went 10mph it would say 40, 20mph says 50, etc. when i got home i turned the engine off and then back on and the needle jumped back about 5-10mph, i was able to get it back to zero after shutting it off and starting it 3 or 4 times, i havent tried driving it since then.

anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is for any of these? possible solutions?

Azzkiker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
try disconnecting the battery for a minute or so to reset the gauges.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My speedo recently did the same thing. It is now sticking around 120mph. Cluster Replacement is about 400. I am thinking of just buying the stepper motors and redo myself but, have not got around to that point just yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extrememri1

Latest posts