H I D lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoserty

Reaction score
The current draw for HID lamps is mostly at startup then they actually use less energy after that if you purchase the 55w bulbs from most places they will be about 25-30 more due to the fact that they include they upgrade harness to draw power from the battery. they are brighter but not really necessary the 35w are damn bright on there own

OP
OP
exitstance

exitstance

Reaction score
I saw some xenon kits on ebay for 17.99?? Stay away? Also it said if you install just the lows you lose you highs. Is this true? Are all kits like this?

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Oh...lol shipping 79$

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw some xenon kits on ebay for 17.99?? Stay away? Also it said if you install just the lows you lose you highs. Is this true? Are all kits like this?

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Oh...lol shipping 79$

That's only for vehicles that use one bulb for highs and lows...ours are two seperate bulbs.
Ebay isn't a bad place to catch a deal on HID's but you just gotta watch the shipping,that's where most sellers try to make their money.

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea my Xentec were about 70 shipped and alot of my friends have bought the Oracle kit for about $300 and mine have outlasted them all, eventhough the Oracle place is intown and they have a lifetime warranty but its a pain when there's go out all the time and they have to order a ballast or bulb and wait weeks for it to get in........ so im for ebay HIDs all the way! i have the 35w 6k now and they are alot brighter than the 10k i used to have i dont think i will ever go back to factory bulbs..

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
If you're going strictly plug n' play kits, I'll +1 DDM.

Other quality (in my experience) pnp kits: -Apexcone (same thing as DDM, just a different name)
-Digital HID (the brand, not the technology...you can find them here: http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/the-35W-DIGITAL-HID-kits/Categories
-Extreme HID
-Volt

These are just the ones I or people close to me have used and had good results with. Ebay kits are hit and miss; you often get what you pay for.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
i paid 65 a set with lifetime warrenty and relays for lows and fogs..

paid $100 for the install. $230 total

dumb ass. Shoulda PMed me. I would have done it for a bottle of beer.

just out of curiosity who installed it?

OP
OP
exitstance

exitstance

Reaction score
Think im gonna go with ddm. I'm looking at the 35w, just can't decide between 4500k and 5000k. Is the kit all I need? No extra wires?

Also got my led interior mod done today in "cool white" just a hint of blue. I would like the hid's close to the color.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Dont do ddm. Nothing but trouble. HID gate on ebay or spring for a retrosolutions kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dod5-3-6L80e

Latest posts