H I D lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dumb ass. Shoulda PMed me. I would have done it for a bottle of beer.

just out of curiosity who installed it?

hope only one bottle doesnt get you drunk....

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

What are the bulb numbers for all of the lights? Primarily interested in the los and fogs

lows 9006, highs 9005, fogs 880

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
the nice thing is with tahoes theres alot of options on projectors. The best ones I have found are DEPO projectors. They use 9005 and 9006 bulbs. Just like stock.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Best of both worlds: Retrofitted DEPO projectors. I took out the DEPO halogen projectors and replaced them with TSX projectors designed specifically for HID:

IMG_00361.gif

Cut-off:

IMG_00471.gif

Good example of why projectors are better. No spill, glare, or anything outside of the beam of light, just darkness. That is actually a good thing, because HID's are designed to be a controlled and focused light which reflectors can't do. (BTW, I am going up a hill here so the light is higher then normal)

IMG_00521-1.gif

Last edited:

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to build on what DenaliAK said, projectors do not increase the light output, they focus it more. That is basically in response to the "bright enough to not need projectors" comment. They put more of the output where you need it, and that's especially important with HID's. A little bit of glare can be just enough to blind an oncoming driver, and that's what you're trying to avoid by adding projectors. Are they absolutely needed? I guess that's opinion, but mine is that they are. You've got higher output lights, the amount of glare if they aren't focused is greater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dod5-3-6L80e

Latest posts