handgun location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoHoe09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up an '09 Tahoe last week. For those that drive with their pistols accesible and concealed, where in the cabin do you keep your pistol? I live in TX and keeping a pistol in a vehicle is legal. I find the center console way to deep and the glovebox is too far from the driver's reach.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Welcome along :cheers:, are you afraid of getting jacked?
Well I would say the center console is the best place, someone on here had theirs mounted on a holster in the space between the driver seat and center console.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about in the area at the bottom of drivers side door. I can't recall it exact name, but the open area down there.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a cheap holster and mount it on the inside of the center counel nearest you so when the lit closes the gun sits right below the door. Thats what I plan on doin. if I get it done soon i will post picks. if your a lefty maybe in the door pouch somehow

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have seen a holster stitched to the front of the seat and when needed spread you legs and its right there... strange but he said it was out of the way and made for a quick grab. he was one of those "impractical tactical" type of guys like me but im not that extreme haha

OP
OP
RoHoe09

RoHoe09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. My previous ride was a Tundra and I kept my pistol (holstered) in the gap of the 60/40 bench seat.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
i dont have a nnbs tahoe but in my work truck i sometimes leave it under the driverseat between the rail the seat moves on and the console. Most of the time it just sits on top of the console or in the cup holders.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine sits in the pocket under the radio. when i get out of the car its tucked in my jeans. leaving it on your lap is a good way to have it go flying into the floor if you spike your brakes.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wedged between the seat and the center console is the best, most easily accessed place. The map pockets in the doors are a little too low, even for a lefty. Just don't shoot yourself should you ever need to pull it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius