Have you swapped out the chrome fog-light trim pieces on your Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my chrome-on-black theme on my Denali, but am considering replacing the chrome fog-light trim pieces with black ones. If you've installed black pieces, did you go with OEM ones, or aftermarket? And how easy is it to swap these piece out? (What's entailed?)

To be clear, I'm talking about the J-shaped pieces that go under the fogs, and not the "vented" pieces that the fogs sit into.

Thanks!

Nevermind

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced all chrome front end pieces on my 2021 SLT a few weeks back. I pulled the entire front bumper off because I was changing from chrome to the black Denali style grill and figured it was the only way to replace the grille, lower bumper panel and the two J-shaped pieces in one shot. While I was able to carefully remove and transfer the GMC Letters from the center of the grille without breaking any tabs I was not able to remove those j-shaped pieces without breaking the tabs on the backside of the trim...and that was trying to carefully remove them from the backside of the bumper assembly. If you're replacing them I'd think you would be ok to just pry them off and snap in the new ones. They just snapped in to 3 or 4 slots around the black fog lamp trim piece. I think those two J-shaped pieces are the only 2 pcs that can be replaced from the front without removing anything.

I did not go with OEM I sent with a full 7 pc gloss black set off eBay. Everything fit fine including the Denali camera mount which was included in the set. Looks great too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike cr