Headlight problem need help ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sullen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've searched and searched and searched and had no luck. I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe LS 2WD and my headlights have decided to do the craziest thing.

So when the headlights are on my LH low beam is fully lit, my RH low beam is only half lit (dim) now not only this, but the highbeams are also half lit (dim) with only the low beams on.

20121125_190028.jpg

If i swap to high beams the same thing will happen only the high beam bulb will fully light up on the driver side and all other lights stay half lit (dim)

20121125_190051.jpg

I've checked everything I can think to check headlamp switch, grounds, connections, fuses, relays, etc. the only thing I haven't checked is the turn signal switch, I just would like to have an idea as to what it is before I go throwing parts at it.

Anybody seen this before???

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, I've never heard of anyone with that problem before!! Hopefully someone will chime in for some help for ya!

OP
OP
S

Sullen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: I have solved the problem for now, I ended up having to do some rigging but it all works for the time being, I just had to run a jumper wire from the driver side low beam (yellow wire) and splice into the passanger side low beam (yellow wire), it has fixed the problem and hopefully won't show its ugly face for a while.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you jumped 12V over to the passenger side, that would lead me to believe that it is either a relay, fuse, or a break in the 12V wiring.

If you felt like figuring out what was wrong, you could undo your new connection and just meter for 12V, starting at the headlamp and working backwards. Also meter 86 and 30 on the relay. Eventually you will find your break.

Last edited:

AuburnCO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue. In addition when headlights are on my rhs turn signals flash rapidly as if a bulb is out, but all signal bulbs are functional. I have several other electrical gremlins as well (radio won't turn off when driver door opens at times, driver seat and side view mirrors readjust to random settings upon ignition turn off).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus