Headliner R&R…? anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headliner removal, headliner strip, and headliner reupholster, and headliner reinstall with interior trim and wiring reinstall. Holy sh*t this turned out to be a cluster. And I started well prepped and supplied. But those little 15 minute videos that pop on google are edited to flip through the BS and there’s a lot of bs. Will update later. I’m on about the 3rd night of stripping the old headliner from the frame or whatever you want to call it. Flimsy Fkn piece of paper with cardboard bulkheads. Ugh I don’t even know if it will go back together. I’m like 50/50 on the success of this thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished stripping off completely the old and started FRI night. Ive got at least 6 hours on the sanding. 2 hours removing trim and getting the headliner out. This thing its bare form lost all of its shape. I will see what i can do on the reupholster but im not confident at all. Oh and i cut through the paper in a bunch of spots so i really want to spend 1 night with a fiberglass kit and get it halfway patched back up because its flimsy as hell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfred091

Latest posts