heat/ac fan knob only works on high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my heat or ac on and the only function that works is on high.

While I like the AC on high, it sucks when I have my family in the truck and its on high the whole time. Then if I turn it off the truck gets ****** pretty quick.

How or what do I have to do to fix this problem?

I need to fix this fast. Any info/help would be much appreciated.
:Handshake:

Is it 2012 yet?
Reaction score
Replace the ac/heat switch panel. This was a poor design by it's a flex circuit board that has little to no protection and overtime a short will form between the circuits. It is a easy fix auto parts store sell them but they are pricey my last one was 180 or so. I built a box around the back to protect it better so far so good.

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my heat or ac on and the only function that works is on high.

Mine does this too. I replaced my resistor, but it didn't help. Next step is to replace the entire control unit. Haven't done it yet, too pricey for me right now. You can find them cheaper at a junk yard or ebay, but you never know what condition they are in.

Bob Urban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the resistor on my 96 and it worked. It had the same problem you are having - only worked on high.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Had a similar issue but with the vent selection, would only blow out the vents. Turned out the knob and rod had just came loose. Anyway, here's a quote from a similar thread:

Myself said:
Are the feet vents the only ones that work?

The knob connects to a rod behind the AC panel which turns according to the vent selection. Knob might have came loose from the rod. Basically the knob might be spinning but the rod is not, so it is stuck in the feet vent position.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I still havent had a chance to do this. I'll try the blower resistor first.

Thanks fellas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
01greentahoe