heated seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my harness is good and everything's plugged in still the same problem.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump it's getting cold out and it sucks that my pass one will work fine till i try my side then they shut off

Sullen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my old 03 and 05 they both did it, I honestly think its one of those 'As soon as you hit the 130,000 - 150,000 mile range it stops working to try and get you to bring it to the dealership' one of those secrets they don't want you to know about, kinda like on the 90s models the check engine light is almost guaranteed to come on around that 170,000-200,000 mile mark.

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with my local dealer/workshop the other day. And he told me in 90% of the cases where the seatheater is not working, it is the pad.
So I guess I will be ordering a pair of those pads soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsFzi1a5qoI

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Heated seat on driver side shuts right off. Pass side works great until you turn driver side on. Changed the elements and still does the same thing. Please help. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Did you change pads on both the driver and passenger seat?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Also have this exact issue. I don't want to spend the time and money replacing things if it doesn't solve the problem, so someone update this if you find the solution. It's a pisser when it's -15 out and I'm spoiled and can't have my heated seats....lol.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Anyone have a part # or link to replacement pads/elements? My Google-fu is a fail this morning.

georgebuhr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Paid I get time I may tackle that this week. Mine is opposite. Drivers side works great til u turn passenger side on, then both kick off. Passenger side doesn't work at all; kicks off after three seconds. Not so sure it's the pad on this particular case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian