heated seats come on with remote start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadman

Reaction score
I have a 2009 ltz with heated/cooled seats. When I have used the remote start in the cold weather, I don't think the heated seats come on like it says in the manual. Does it work for anyone?

here is the what the manual says:
"During a remote start, if your vehicle has an automatic
climate control system and heated seats, the heated
seats will turn on during colder outside temperatures and
will shut off when the key is turned to ON/RUN. If your
vehicle does not have an automatic climate control
system, during remote start, you will need to manually
turn the heated seats on and off. "

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try doing this ...
Turn on the heated seats before you shut off your truck and lock truck up.
Wait for the interior to get a little cooler, and remote start it.
They should work then.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Oh and the climate control at a temp higher than outside temp has to also be on when you shut off the engine.

I'm honestly not sure if all that matters, but I know that my heated seats have always come on with remote start if they and the heat were on when I turned off the car. :think:

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try doing this ...
Turn on the heated seats before you shut off your truck and lock truck up.
Wait for the interior to get a little cooler, and remote start it.
They should work then.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Oh and the climate control at a temp higher than outside temp has to also be on when you shut off the engine.

I'm honestly not sure if all that matters, but I know that my heated seats have always come on with remote start if they and the heat were on when I turned off the car. :think:

That's not the way it works. Below a certain outside temp (40°?), the heated seats will come on, regardless of any setting. It's all based on the actual outside temp. Not cold enough outside, the heated seats won't come on with the remote start. Colder than a certain temp, they come on.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not the way it works. Below a certain outside temp (40°?), the heated seats will come on, regardless of any setting. It's all based on the actual outside temp. Not cold enough outside, the heated seats won't come on with the remote start. Colder than a certain temp, they come on.

Thats how mine works. And mine is an 04 with a Viper remote start.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the clarification ... things often happen despite me that I in turn interpret as caused by me. And vise versa. :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^^^what he said. This, too, is how mine works and my hind parts really enjoy and nicely warmed seat on a 30 degree day:High 5:

anton28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine do when its cold outside and if its hot then the AC seats come on :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys and your fancy Escalades, LTZ's and Denalis!!! :whymewhyme:

:laughing1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member