Help identify a sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tf79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new here. I have an 04 Yukon Denali I just picked up. Been doing some stuff to it getting it ready to roll and I have this humming sound when I push the throttle, and when I’m slowly coming to a stop. I can feel it in the steering column too. I would attach a video but I’m not sure how to do that. Hopefully someone has had the same issue and can point me in the right direction. I did a trans service and it didn’t get better or worse. Thank you!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say push the throttle does that mean when the rig is moving or it does it parked?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Post your video to YouTube or some other similar uploading site, and then post the link to a new entry in this thread.

OP
OP
T

Tf79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you say push the throttle does that mean when the rig is moving or it does it parked?
When moving. Around 40 mph transmission is in 4th and even lightly touching the throttle, it makes the sound. I’ll post the video right now

OP
OP
T

Tf79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When moving. Around 40 mph transmission is in 4th and even lightly touching the throttle, it makes the sound. I’ll post the video right now
And it doesn’t have to be at 40 exactly, that’s just when you can hear it best

OP
OP
T

Tf79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here you can hear me feathering the throttle. When I let go of the throttle it stops. But if I press on it it comes back. Also noticed yesterday coming to a stop it sounds like a lower pitch version of this and it slows down with the truck slowing down.

OP
OP
T

Tf79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like the pinion bearing making noise, has any work been done to the rearend?
Nope just got it. Was going to go and do the service on the front rear and tcase. Just did the trans and a couple solenoids. Really hope I don’t have to fix the diff. I’m already doing the rear main seal and plate this weekend! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369