Help!! Penny in cigar lighter problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

CarlosDorado89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya I've done most of the work on my own but looking at that cluster f*** of wires will make me want to just quit and rip em lol.
Ughhhhh the damage 1 penny will do..

Since you have done it what would be a reasonable price to pay someone to do it??

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A tech will not give you a flat fee. He/she has to dig and find damage as far as it goes and charge by the hour plus parts. Don't get mad.

Stop smoking and leave the lighter in the hole and it would never happen. Or keep a charging cord stuck in there if that is what caused it. Who put the penny in there, a child?

OP
OP
C

CarlosDorado89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the bottom of the cup holders here the wires th the cig lighter are burnt too. Did you redo all of these as well?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
C

CarlosDorado89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A tech will not give you a flat fee. He/she has to dig and find damage as far as it goes and charge by the hour plus parts. Don't get mad.

Stop smoking and leave the lighter in the hole and it would never happen. Or keep a charging cord stuck in there if that is what caused it. Who put the penny in there, a child?

Lol hey hard habit to quit what can I say and honestly I don't know how the hell that damn penny got in there. I had a lot of change in the ash tray I'm guessing I must of grabbed some change maybe flew in there idk.
There's alot of things I could of done to prevent it but once this problem gets fixed I'm pulling the lighter fuse and never using it again.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im surprised the fuse didn't pop before melting those wires... But basically like everyone said your going to have to trace the wires back to a un-burned point and start replacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172

Latest posts