Help w/ ABS Sensor(s) - Intermittent ABS Licht

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cqlink

Reaction score
My ABS light just started coming on. It's off until I hit a small bump in road then it flickers. After the second bump, it stays on. ABS seems to be working fine (no pulsing or engagement at low speed)

Just before it started happening, I noticed a very slight slight drop in brake pedal but the light didn't come on. Light came on a few days later after a couple of more slight brake pedal drops.

I'd like to check and clean the ABS sensors but I'm not sure of the best way do get to them and not exactly sure where they are. Can someone point in right direction and describe process to clean them or post a pic?

Brakes are new. Power Slot front rotors (if this makes a difference). Maybe 2000 miles on new brakes.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The front wheels sensors are on the hubs just follow the wires. If your light is flickering when hitting bumps then I suggest you have dirty or loose connectors somewhere.

AlanHurd54

Reaction score
lol up north here in maine we just pull the abs fuse and then pull the bulb out of the cluster ABS is totally over rated

OP
OP
C

cqlink

Reaction score
I just pulled the fuse since I don't have time to work on it today. Today was first time I noticed ABS kicking on at low speed braking. As you guys suggested, I'm going to check and clean.

Do I have to pull caliper and rotor(s)?

BTW...how hard to pull light from instrument cluster? I'm moving to VA and doubt if I'll need or use ABS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968