Help with 03-06 interior conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clgyply

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey i have a 02 yukon xl 2wd, wondering if the 03-06 cluster, steering wheel, door buttons, dash buttons and center console would be a plug and play thing or will i need to modify wires, etc because i do not like the 00-02 interior please help me out

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youll be better off buyin a 03-06.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youll be better off buyin a 03-06.

Why is that? Many people have done interior conversions in the past in other vehicles. Like folks in a 94 or earlier chevy swapping their interior in favor for a 95+:shrug:

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03-06 is a completely different generation. Anything can be done, but I'm sure it won't be easy.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to clean it up nicely with an interior swap, look into some Denali interior trim peices, center console, esky guage cluster, and an aftermarker grant steeringwheel w/ airbag (or something like that).

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
03-06 is a completely different generation. Anything can be done, but I'm sure it won't be easy.

...and the 88-94 isn't a different "generation" from the 95-98 interiors which is a fairly common swap?? :think:

I'm thinking it'd be a fairly straightforward swap. You may have a few differences in wiring and things like but nothing that can't be overcome and may even give you a chance to upgrade some stuff and like was stated use some Denali pieces to make it look even nicer.

OP
OP
C

clgyply

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the tips guys i really appreciate it

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
electronics wont interchange between 02-03. I'm sure you can make things such as seats work but cluster and window switches are way different.

you can add an 03+ console, you'll need the 03+ lower dash glovebox side and I think the lower under column as well plus the dash bezel. Then you need the 03+ radio cage too I believe but not positive

steering wheels wont work, different spline on the shaft. Gotta swap entire column then try to get that wired up to the -2 harness. nightmare

esky or denali swithces will work from an 01-02. The denali switches are woodgrain, the entire piece, the esky switches look more similar to the 03+ chevy switches.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm adding a 03+ console, bezel, 02 esky gauges got some denali switches(they're ok) might go with a esky switch instead and a wheel from b&i trim-$250
you can add steering wheel controls from an 02 esky still dont look like a nice 03 wheel though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts