Help with design ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcarver

Reaction score
Hey guys, didn't know where to post this because it is both an interior and exterior question. I want to customize my suburban a little bit and I'm not sure what do to really because of the color of my suburban. I really like the color scheme of the green monster energy drink. The black and I guess dark neon green? Any way I'd like to incorporate that somehow but not sure where. I definitely don't want to repaint my suburban and painting the interior may be out since I'm a little afraid of taking the dash apart plus it would then not match the exterior paint.
Now I'm not dead set on this color scheme, it was just an idea so any more would be much appreciated
Here's what I'm working with

Attachments

• CAM00973.jpg
    CAM00973.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 37
  • CAM00972.jpg
    CAM00972.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 32

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 tone leather seats. Grey leather matching the lower/center console grey and inserts matching the darker grey from the top dash

I would do a dark theme on the outside as well. Remove side moldings, color matched handles, black 24's with a 2/3 drop

danniboi

Reaction score
Have you thought about maybe a black bow tie with the neon color outline. And if you plan on keeping the side mouldings turn the chrome into neon color. Interior wise you can maybe get your center console wrapped in black vinyl "leather" with green stitching.

OP
OP
D

dcarver

Reaction score
2 tone leather seats. Grey leather matching the lower/center console grey and inserts matching the darker grey from the top dash

I would do a dark theme on the outside as well. Remove side moldings, color matched handles, black 24's with a 2/3 drop
I have been seriously looking into a 2/3 drop but what would that look like with 20s. I found some NNBS 20s for $900. Also would those look good blacked out?
What about the two tone with the green stitching to match the center console like danniboi mentions, or is that too much green?
Have you thought about maybe a black bow tie with the neon color outline. And if you plan on keeping the side mouldings turn the chrome into neon color. Interior wise you can maybe get your center console wrapped in black vinyl "leather" with green stitching.
I have been trying to figure out the bow tie. Either black or chrome but I do like your black bowtie with green trim idea. May have to locate that specific green. Honestly I prefer the mouldings so I may see if plastidip makes that green and do the chrome. There only a few demolded cars I like and Nathan's is definitely one of them, I just think my burb needs them.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been seriously looking into a 2/3 drop but what would that look like with 20s. I found some NNBS 20s for $900. Also would those look good blacked out?
What about the two tone with the green stitching to match the center console like danniboi mentions, or is that too much green?

You could do green stitching, but then you have to REALLY continue the green. Like green cluster trim and such

Black 20's will look like 15's. Black always makes the rims look smaller.

OP
OP
D

dcarver

Reaction score
I may just do the center console then with green stitching and then two tone seats.
My door handles are just the black plastic ones. Can those be sanded then color matched or should I find some at a junk yard that are color matched to that car and sand them then color match them to my car?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may just do the center console then with green stitching and then two tone seats.

That would still work

My door handles are just the black plastic ones. Can those be sanded then color matched or should I find some at a junk yard that are color matched to that car and sand them then color match them to my car?

You can, but it's a lot of work. You can get painted ones cheap since most people change their color matched ones to Escalade ones.

danniboi

Reaction score
Its a lot of work all that sanding to get a smooth finish. All you really have to do for paint prep on abs plastic is clean thoroughly with wax and grease remover. A few people say dawn soap but Ive been using duplicolor wax and grease remover and even the texture feels different. It like dries the part out. Oh yeah clean then adhesion promoter and color of your choice, I've read around that krylon fusion works pretty good. I'm not sure plastidip is a good idea for something you or your passengers will be pulling on almost everyday, on the mouldings I would say yes.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
II for one love the color of your Suburban.

You can do the NNBS front brake upgrade and get green caliper paint. US speedo makes green needles do green LEDs for all your switchs and gauges, do a green LED under body kit with
Do green fogs, black bowtie with green border, two tone leather seat with green stitching and green piping or hell do the centers green, do custom matts with green borders,

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

I would color match your door handles, mirror covers, moldings and and grill, or swap HD hood and grill , maybe a front bumper cover or custom front bumper. Hell maybe a cowl hood I for one see way to many HD hoods around town

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dcarver

Reaction score
II for one love the color of your Suburban.

You can do the NNBS front brake upgrade and get green caliper paint. US speedo makes green needles do green LEDs for all your switchs and gauges, do a green LED under body kit with
Do green fogs, black bowtie with green border, two tone leather seat with green stitching and green piping or hell do the centers green, do custom matts with green borders,

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

I would color match your door handles, mirror covers, moldings and and grill, or swap HD hood and grill , maybe a front bumper cover or custom front bumper. Hell maybe a cowl hood I for one see way to many HD hoods around town

Haha I guess you would like the color. I haven't thought about tackling the brakes. I'm going to need new rotors soon so maybe I'll just go ahead and upgrade while I'm at it. I'm a little hesitant on doing the LEDs for the gauges because I don't think I'm that electrically savvy, but I have always wanted to learn to solder. Probably a no go on the undercarriage lights. So damn dirty here in Lubbock that the dust will just cover them up. I'm looking for the paint right now for door handles and mirrors. I saw silver pewter. Is that my color? I need to decipher my paint code but not by the truck at the moment. I honestly have never seen an HD hood around here. Only seen them on the forum. I'm gonna scavenge the junk yards for one so maybe I can get a good deal and play with paint and prep myself. I've got the chrome piece around my fogs currently. Paint match that too?

Thanks again for the info guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus