Help!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02GreyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So on Saturday, I was out playing around in the snow with my tahoe. I came out of my last drift, then it became real hard to steer all of a sudden.... So I believe I blew my power steering pump. So, I take the old pump out, and I go to swap stuff over to the new pump, and the old pump has a fitting coming out of it that has an electrical connection coming out of it for a sensor, and the new pump won't allow for that to go onto it... So, any idea what to do? Did I possibly get the wrong pump? Thanks in advance for any response, as I don't want to be stranded!!!

OP
OP
02GreyTahoe

02GreyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No just went auto zone and assumed they gave us the right one. We are going back in the morning to make sure they did give us the wrong one

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Have your vin ready too. I'm not sure if they can look up parts that way at a parts store, but if they can, that's the best way to make sure you get the right part.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if it's different I'd assume they gave you the wrong one (been there too many times in the past), and if they say it's the one thats called out for the truck go to a different place to see if they have a different one that matches your stock dead one!

And remember when drifting and screwing around, don't fully lock your steering wheel much if at all, the pumps don't like it as you found out! My buddy blew his out last year in his old 2004 GMC truck while doing the same thing you did and had the same result in the end!

OP
OP
02GreyTahoe

02GreyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ahhhh it all makes sense now about why I blew it out! Thanks! And hopefully they either correct their mistake or give me the refund so I can get it somewhere else!