Here is an overview of my purchase...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usmc1833

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I placed my order with HIDGUY and I wanted all the members to have an idea what they will be dealing with...

I have a 2004 Yukon Denali..

I ordered the High powered interior lights as well as the license plate lights as well.

Shipping was pretty quick. I placed my order on the 19th of February and received them on the 28th. Not to bad seeings how the company is stationed in CA and I live in NY. The lights came packaged well. The company charged $3.50 for insurance. Signature verification was required upon delivery.

When I looked over the LED's I have to say that the quality was better than expected. I was waiting to get some lights that were made like crap but I have to admit that I was impressed with the quality.

Installation was quick and easy. There are a couple of things that I did not know.

1. The LED bulbs MUST be installed a certain way. So if you do receive the bulbs and they do work, try flipping them the opposite direction. These bulbs are polarity sensitive and will only light one way. Also make sure you are making complete contact with the pins, if they don't make complete contact then they will not light.

Instructions stating such should be included so that way consumers are not confused.

I did not know this so I had to e-mail the company because I thought that I might have received a defective bulb. Well I e-mailed the company at 1309 (1:09 p.m. est) on the 28th. I received a response at 1350 (1:50 p.m.). Exactly 41 minutes later. I have to say that I was HIGHLY impressed with the companies communication abilities. I really felt like my business was appreciated.

As for the price. Because I am a member of the forum, there was a coupon code and it lowered the price of my order from $93.50 to $80.00.

After doing some research the prices are reasonable. I won't say that they are the best but the are very competitive with other companies. I was contemplating using ebay but sometimes you never know what your going to get. My theory is if this forum is going to actively promote this company it should be worth the extra few dollars.

Overall, everything went smoothly and the product was awesome. I am very satisfied with my purchase and as you can see by my thread I am recommending this company. Obviously I am not a mod nor an Admin on this forum. I am also not affiliated with HUDGUY so my opinion is that of a consumer trying to educate other members. I hope that this helps any member out there with questions regarding this company and their product.

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that these dont come with the Vanity's. We do this because most people dont want the vanity's.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

So I placed my order with HIDGUY and I wanted all the members to have an idea what they will be dealing with...

I have a 2004 Yukon Denali..

I ordered the High powered interior lights as well as the license plate lights as well.

Shipping was pretty quick. I placed my order on the 19th of February and received them on the 28th. Not to bad seeings how the company is stationed in CA and I live in NY. The lights came packaged well. The company charged $3.50 for insurance. Signature verification was required upon delivery.

When I looked over the LED's I have to say that the quality was better than expected. I was waiting to get some lights that were made like crap but I have to admit that I was impressed with the quality.

Installation was quick and easy. There are a couple of things that I did not know.

1. The LED bulbs MUST be installed a certain way. So if you do receive the bulbs and they do work, try flipping them the opposite direction. These bulbs are polarity sensitive and will only light one way. Also make sure you are making complete contact with the pins, if they don't make complete contact then they will not light.

Instructions stating such should be included so that way consumers are not confused.

I did not know this so I had to e-mail the company because I thought that I might have received a defective bulb. Well I e-mailed the company at 1309 (1:09 p.m. est) on the 28th. I received a response at 1350 (1:50 p.m.). Exactly 41 minutes later. I have to say that I was HIGHLY impressed with the companies communication abilities. I really felt like my business was appreciated.

As for the price. Because I am a member of the forum, there was a coupon code and it lowered the price of my order from $93.50 to $80.00.

After doing some research the prices are reasonable. I won't say that they are the best but the are very competitive with other companies. I was contemplating using ebay but sometimes you never know what your going to get. My theory is if this forum is going to actively promote this company it should be worth the extra few dollars.

Overall, everything went smoothly and the product was awesome. I am very satisfied with my purchase and as you can see by my thread I am recommending this company. Obviously I am not a mod nor an Admin on this forum. I am also not affiliated with HUDGUY so my opinion is that of a consumer trying to educate other members. I hope that this helps any member out there with questions regarding this company and their product.

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, As for who you were emailing me. We try and monitor our Email very closely even though we are very busy. If anyone has any questions please feel free to email or PM me here.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for your insight and experience. Will help the rest of us who are thinking about this mod to our rides :waytogo:

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for your insight and experience. Will help the rest of us who are thinking about this mod to our rides :waytogo:

:Handshake: I am here to help guys and ill try to answer any questions you guys have as they arise. Feel free to ask me any questions you guys may have.

OP
OP
U

usmc1833

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i need to upgrade mine..i cant see shit inside the truck, with all of the lights on..i did the ebay route..dumb idea

The inside of my truck is so bright when I turn them all on. I am very happy and if I just want a little mood lighting I throw on 1 map light and its perfect. Deff a great idea.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

so $80 shipped for the whole interior kit?

That also included the lic plate lights as well.. Not a bad deal at all.. :mexsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus