Hey everyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted403

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum and the bow-tie SUV world!! Very excited to get this project rolling to say the least. Im out of the diesel scene for good and while shopping for new vehicles i fell in love with the first yukon i drove, so I bought it. (2007 yukon denalli)
I have a few questions that I hope you all can help me with....

I REALLY dig the way the escalade wheels look on the truck specially when it's lowered. Should I look into the 22s, or 24s? ( considering I'm in Massachusetts )
And where can I buy these besides here?

My truck has a bench rear seat. How big of a project would it be to convert into captains?

is there anything i should know or be aware about these trucks or?

Also would love to see some small DIY low budget mods.

Thank you all for the help!!!!!!

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! How bout some pics of the new ride....

I'd stick with 22's personally for the best ride. There are a few vendors on here that could get you a deal on Esky wheels.....

Swapping a bench for buckets can be done fairly easy-check out the classifieds.

OP
OP
Boosted403

Boosted403

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! How bout some pics of the new ride....

I'd stick with 22's personally for the best ride. There are a few vendors on here that could get you a deal on Esky wheels.....

Swapping a bench for buckets can be done fairly easy-check out the classifieds.

Thanks man, I will certainly put up pictures as soon as I can figure out how to post them.

OP
OP
Boosted403

Boosted403

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
djd5.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

I think black would look good, but you would have to do EVERYTHING chrome in either black or color matched. If you're not willing to do that (especially since it's a Denali with chrome all over) I would just get chrome.

As far as rim choice, I would do 24's. Our roads are crappy here and I'm still fine. 22's will give it the stock'ish look since 22's come from GM as an accessory wheel.

OP
OP
Boosted403

Boosted403

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan, I think I will go with the chrome, it just looks so clean and it'll give me that OEM+ look I'm going for... IMO the "blacked out" scene is a little
Played out where I'm from, and you make a solid point that there's already chrome everywhere. I will definitely look into the 24s. And a lowering kit.. As far as the escalade third brake light assembly and the C pillar pods ( not sure what they're called) could I get them color matched or is that something Id have to paint?

Thanks for the help.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as the escalade third brake light assembly and the C pillar pods ( not sure what they're called) could I get them color matched or is that something Id have to paint?

Thanks for the help.

They would be your D pillars and are called rear appliques. They come painted on Tahoes and plain black on Yukons. You can have yours painted and you can get the rear appliques painted for $100 or less. Anything over $100 for those 2 and I think your getting ripped off. Third brake light (yours or Esky) is easy to take off and take apart to get painted and should be more than $75 to paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO