Hi, guys!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b1pig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, i stumbled onto this forum, and so far in my very short time poking around, I've found it much more informative than a couple others I've been on. :)

I'll cut to the chase.
"Co-"owner of a 2004 Tahoe... it's the wife's and i've been pretty much forbidden from fooling with it. (looks like she's loosening up a bit, tho)

She bought it new in the summer of '04. This is pretty much a basic truck. the only options were the 3rd bench and upped to the the 5.3. I had a factory hitch added later. I added factory tow hooks. (her family farms.. so you never know) When the tires wore down, I talked her into a used set of 20's with Good Years. I think it looks sweet. At one time, I had a Flowmaster 40 series on it. i'd asked for a 50... got a 40. dumb muffler guy. i took it. sounded sexy. in the end, i went back to a "factory replacement" muffler which actually still has more growl than the oem. K&N FIPK and stainless mesh grill inserts pretty much round it out mechanically. I obtained a factory sub from a wrecked tahoe and added it in... wired in my own cheap amp. it worked.

I've been poking around the web lately looking for some tech tidbits. as the truck has gotten older, it's developed some gremlins.

picture.jpg

That's the ole lady's ride. its our go-fast rig... and tow rig.

my junk is mainly for goin slow. I'm on my 4th Jeep now.
DSC00498.JPG

currently own 3 bikes... 84 Interceptor 750, 2000 Kawi ZX-7 and the wife's 07 Suzuki GZ250...
and right now, 2 Geo/Chevy Trackers. a '90 4x4 with about 5" total lift on little 30" tires and a '98 Tracker that I just rebuilt.

I'll be around for some tech stuff.
I'll try not to polute the forums.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum! Post some pics of the Tahoe! You'll find alot of excellent info here and if you can't just asked!

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Your jeep may be the "go slow" vehicle but looks like it is every bit as much fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968