hid conversion/upgrading front grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 04 tahoe LT any suggestions, into upgrading the headlights to HID, are the conversion kits any good? also looking for front fascia grilles. any online reccomended sites to purchase high quality grills? thanks

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grilles - Stylintrucks.com
H.i.d. conversion? Not sure if you mean changing the healight housing to projector or if your just talking adding the hid and ballast to your existing headlight. I have DDMTuning.com digital ballast and bulbs. no issues and simple plug and play install.

OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grilles - Stylintrucks.com
H.i.d. conversion? Not sure if you mean changing the healight housing to projector or if your just talking adding the hid and ballast to your existing headlight. I have DDMTuning.com digital ballast and bulbs. no issues and simple plug and play install.

Thanks cobra..... on the conversion what type of bulb color did u go with? 35w/55w?

Last edited:

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with 35w 6k for both fogs and low beams. Also added the wire harness from DDM for the lows. Only cuz I have remote start and lights come on automatically and wanted to be on the safe side..but so far it works great. Their might be a pic or 2 in my album.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with 35w 6k for both fogs and low beams. Also added the wire harness from DDM for the lows. Only cuz I have remote start and lights come on automatically and wanted to be on the safe side..but so far it works great. Their might be a pic or 2 in my album.

are your HIDS 6k low beams produce a white to light blue color?
is the hardness necessary if im just going to upgrade the low beams?
was thinking about 6k or 4500k ddm slim line.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
35 watts are good 55 is a lil over kill plus u will have ppl fash u= no good. but look into the depo light u wont be sry

OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 watts are good 55 is a lil over kill plus u will have ppl fash u= no good. but look into the depo light u wont be sry

thanks will do.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

It takes 10 minutes to completely install a set of HIDs.

yeah i saw a demo video... nothing to it... simple plug and play :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jglynn83