Hid emi?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TREYR8D

Reaction score
So this has happened twice now since installing my HID kit from DDM tuning a while back. when I/my wife turn on the vehicle, the windshield wipers just start going in the spray mode and do not stop. I read somewhere a while back about EMI with certain HID balasts and remember thinking it may have been nice to get those, because the slim balast ones i have do not.

I did happen to route the wiring so the balast is right by the relay box, which i will move, but i was just curious if anyone else has seen something like this or similar.

like i said, it has only happened twice in the last 3 months, but required a full stop and restart of the truck to make the windshield cleaning quit.

I cant say for sure that its the EMI, but i'm going to move it anyway and see if it does it ever again. Hard to troubleshoot/quantify problems that are so few and far between.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woah, thats weird because i would say right after i installed my ddm kit, maybe a couple weeks later that exact same thing happened to me! twice at most, and i was pissed, but glad to say it hasnt happened since! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
resmith3