Proper DoD delete oil pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rokjhn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I just finished installing a rebuilt 6.2l engine in my 2009 Denali. Engine came out of a 2013 Yukon with AFM\DOD and VVT. Deleted AFM\DOD and kept VVT. Bored cylinders, new pistons, rings, bearings, TSP Stage 1 Cam, etc…. And I installed a Melling 10295 HV pump. Engine runs and sounds great. Cold start pressure goes up to 40-50 PSI and once warmed up it’ll idle around 10 and hit 40on a hard pull. Seems to follow the 10 PSI per 1k RPM rule somebody told me about.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I just finished installing a rebuilt 6.2l engine in my 2009 Denali. Engine came out of a 2013 Yukon with AFM\DOD and VVT. Deleted AFM\DOD and kept VVT. Bored cylinders, new pistons, rings, bearings, TSP Stage 1 Cam, etc…. And I installed a Melling 10295 HV pump. Engine runs and sounds great. Cold start pressure goes up to 40-50 PSI and once warmed up it’ll idle around 10 and hit 40on a hard pull. Seems to follow the 10 PSI per 1k RPM rule somebody told me about.
FWIW, the aluminum engines should really get the high volume pump. I have the Melling HV in mine as well, and see 50 on cold startup, 15-20 at idle and 45 when towing hot.