Hid install help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SICK2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does this connection make any sense to anyone?
securedownload.jpg
sorry if its upside down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a 55w vvme kit
securedownload2.jpg
this is what its telling me to do. It turned on but is just shoving the pins into the original bulb connector like this safe?

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i did my fog's lites i cut the connector and pins off and splice and shrink tubbing them together. no problems for 4 yrs. my low beams came with a molded plug. DDM hid's.

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the diagram yes what do you not understand about it maybe i can help you..

and the end when mine came that way i bought some empty H11 housings and basically put the end on.. but you can cut the end off and get EZtaps that you squeeze with pliers to tap into the wires.. i wouldn't cut the stock connector off incase you wanna go back

OP
OP
S

SICK2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok cool. Where did u find the empty housings? Would i be safe with 55w in my lows and fogs? Should i do relays or owuld i be safe without em? Thanks again for all the help guys. U guys are pretty welcoming.

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool. Where did u find the empty housings? Would i be safe with 55w in my lows and fogs? Should i do relays or owuld i be safe without em? Thanks again for all the help guys. U guys are pretty welcoming.

i just searched for Male H11 Connectors, but they have different kinda H11 9006 and such

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/Categories

im not sure about the high wattage for lows and fogs i heard there was talk on weather the fogs would get to hot.. not sure i have 35w so yeah.. i would use a relay power harness tho.. just to spare some of the load on the stock system..

OP
OP
S

SICK2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man. Would u by any chance have or know of a how to with pics of how to make a relay harnes? im sure i have all the parts at work.

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Would u by any chance have or know of a how to with pics of how to make a relay harnes? im sure i have all the parts at work.

WHY SPLICE UP YOUR HARNESS? Who did you get that kit from? It should have came with all the necessary components for a true plug and play application. Not sure how much you paid for that kit, but this is the difference between us and other retailers out there. We would have never sent you out a kit like this. this is unacceptable....if you want a plug and play harness you can check out:

HID Power Harnessing Extensions - (1 Pair)

and if you are looking for a relay harness look no further...

R-Tech Single Port HID Relay Power Harnessing - (1 Harness)

if you have any questions please feel free to email us as well at [email protected]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts