HID Retro Memoirs NNBS Tahoe/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Yea thats the plan...i have a DRL fuse pulled now but they still turn on...i think there is another one.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea thats the plan...i have a DRL fuse pulled now but they still turn on...i think there is another one.

The fuse you pulled was actually for that CIA listening device. They'll be at your door in a matter of days inquiring about the tampering :secret:

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
The fuse you pulled was actually for that CIA listening device. They'll be at your door in a matter of days inquiring about the tampering :secret:

its been 1.5 years...must be lots of GMT900 guys pullin fuses

what happens when i pull other fuse??

:hmmm2:

OP
OP
Goodinblack

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on my ballast issue.

TRS is GREAT. They are warranting my ballasts..... again.

Both of them have crapped out..... one misfires and the other is completely dead.

On a side note, this time I have bought 4300K bulbs.... 5000K was too washed out for me.

They said they have new 4500K bulbs out now (40.00)..... so the OLD 4300K bulbs are on clearance at $15.00 A PAIR..... so I cheaped out and bought those.

Really hope this is the last time I have anymore issues out these. I really have spent a lot of time tending to stupid crap like this.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has given me motivation to tackle the retro on my Yukon. Hopefully it will not be as bad as my 93 protege where I had to basically make everything from scratch.

The blacked out nnbs retro above looks awesome! If mine was black I would do the same!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are the ballasts holding up, Lee?

OP
OP
Goodinblack

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are the ballasts holding up, Lee?
Very well.

Had issues with ignitor and relay recently. TRS is great with their warranty and I can't complain there...... but troubleshooting this stuff is a pain.

Honestly next time I would just put in hids into stock housings and call it done. Although the parts would still have issues at times.

Retrofit headlights with these Chinese parts is hit or miss. I honestly can't say they are a 100% reliable a 100% of the time. The people who done them here don't own the cars long enough maybe for things to start going wrong. Some needlessly trade cars in..... but When you do keep the car it can become a pain.

Overall I would still do hids but no one should expect 100% reliability all the time. Those that claim that are reliable are either full of crap or really lucky.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fireball17