Hidden Exhaust Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pics andrew, but i dont want to see the exhaust at all. Yours is different, which i like, but for mine, i want to see nothing...

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be more inclined to cut it after the axle when the pipe starts to point down after the hump in the pipe to clear the axle. should still be pretty hidden and I'd think there's alot less chance of exhaust fumes entering the cabin versus just having it dump right after the muffler without plumbing the pipe out from under the truck.
Or maybe just cut off the tailpipe where it starts to flare out for the exit, I think it does that, dont really remember how the factory setup is bent tho

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be more inclined to cut it after the axle when the pipe starts to point down after the hump in the pipe to clear the axle. should still be pretty hidden and I'd think there's alot less chance of exhaust fumes entering the cabin versus just having it dump right after the muffler without plumbing the pipe out from under the truck.
Or maybe just cut off the tailpipe where it starts to flare out for the exit, I think it does that, dont really remember how the factory setup is bent tho

This is exactly what ive been thinking of doing. After searching around, and on gmfs, looks like easiest and less fumes would be to cut after the axle. Shouldnt be able to see it. I am lowered, as you know, but its pretty low now, and really cant see alot of the exhuast, just the tip and turn of it...

So i think if i cut it around this area, i still have the hanger use, so dont have to worry about it banging around or making a new hanger to hold it. and this way its still going out the rear. Instead of under and on pavement..

Where i put the red square, somewhere right around that area.
stockexhaustsideviewsquared.gif

(got pic from someone on here, think it was the sway bar install) (sorry to much school has got me quoting where i take things from.. ha ha)

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id cut it flush with the hanger! so if your looking at this pic..
just to the left of the hanger
and u shouldnt need to spend money on a tip,
but what i did to the HOE92's hoe is cut the pipe about 4-6 after the muffler and
did turn downs, and you cant smell fumes
and he smashes with the windows down all the time.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id cut it flush with the hanger! so if your looking at this pic..
just to the left of the hanger
and u shouldnt need to spend money on a tip,
but what i did to the HOE92's hoe is cut the pipe about 4-6 after the muffler and
did turn downs, and you cant smell fumes
and he smashes with the windows down all the time.

Didnt think about asking him. I know you guys have done everything. ha ha..

What did you cut it with? Sawzall?

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup a sawzall

you can just free hand it and just start cutting
but if you want a clean cut take some masking tape and put it around the pipe
where you want to cut a straight line, and then u kinda have a guide.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
clean took my truck to work one day and one of his coworkers asked what kind of exhaust I had because it sounded perfect.. it has the slightest rumble at idle and if you take off slow but still as quiet as stock at cruising speeds

I actually noticed an immediate difference in performance as well just because you are taking away all the turns and twists for it to exit out under the bumper

and shops shouldn't charge more than $30-$50 to weld on turn downs if you already cut the pipe

...last thing.. don't cut the hangers.. they come off. just held on by rubber boots

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clean took my truck to work one day and one of his coworkers asked what kind of exhaust I had because it sounded perfect.. it has the slightest rumble at idle and if you take off slow but still as quiet as stock at cruising speeds

I actually noticed an immediate difference in performance as well just because you are taking away all the turns and twists for it to exit out under the bumper

and shops shouldn't charge more than $30-$50 to weld on turn downs if you already cut the pipe

...last thing.. don't cut the hangers.. they come off. just held on by rubber boots

It actually changed the way it sounded? hum...

I think im going to just cut it like clean said at that hanger in the pic. That way its still holding it up and it wont be visible from outside and the it will still be exiting out the rear.

Might just get my friend to cut it, when i get him to do the free travel mod.

You got any pics of it Kasey?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou