High mount brake light question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My top brake light wasn't working so I got a new one from Amazon. Still doesn't work. I put a meter on the harness, both at the light and where the light harness connects to the inside cabeling. No voltage. My left/right brake lights work. The fuse in the engine fuse box and the fuse in the passanger compartment are both good. Any ideas??

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go through all your fuses, every last one!! The brake light it tied into a few circuits that aren't necessarily marked as such, like the cruise control!

bsul92

Reaction score
Before even reading your post, the third brakelight blows mega *******.

now that ive read your post, id suggest checking fuses. i got 3 different ones and still cant get mine to work so i just gave up

OP
OP
F

fordup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys-I will try that on Wednesday, It's supposed to be dry. Everything else on the truck works so I'm not too hopefull.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine worked fine, unplugged it to VHT it then plugged it back in and now it doesnt work. My friend did the same on his suburban and now its not working either. I checked all fuses and their fine as well, I too am stumped on this damn light

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brake light works fine. But I have ordered a new one, because there is some condensation in it.
Could that be the problem with these lights? Damaged because of condensation?
Just a thought...

OP
OP
F

fordup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All fuses are good. I am thinking of running new wires from my drivers side rear brake light up top may be the quickest/easiest fix

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All fuses are good. I am thinking of running new wires from my drivers side rear brake light up top may be the quickest/easiest fix

Thats a LED light, you may not want to do that.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to get a state inspection and they failed it on third brake light as well as a inner tie rod. I went out to the truck and the brake light works fine. I like to think the dealer techs aren't paying attention but it sounds like its an intermittent problem. Every time I check it, its working so I'm not touching it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colton