Hit and run on are tahoe tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris_u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
first my Tahoe info 2013 champagne silver metallic LTZ only 10'000 pampered Miles.

me and my wife stop at W.mart we never really go there my wife likes the red bulls eye store more. but it was late and we were right next it so i park in a handicap spot help my wife off the car and go inside couldn't find what we were looking for so she tells let go to the other store. were not inside even 20min.

we walk out i hit the key fob to open the doors and 3 people start yelling is that you car i go yes why someone just hit it and took off then one lady tells me her husband is chasing the driver with his car. ( she gets away )

i look at my car and the rear passengers side bumper is all scraped and gouged and there's a dent and crease just on the bumper no metal damage.

it was a women in her 30s driving a old chevy blazer tried to make a uturn hit my car a shopping cart and all most hit a lady witness's gave me tag number but it was wrong or stolen.

security guard was no help didn't even speak English. W.mart as everything on video but only the police can see it as for the police i called waited 1 hour i called back someone will contact you it been 4 hours no call.

i want to buy a new OEM GM bumper and have it painted and put it on my self how hard could this be only thing im worried about is how to remove the back up censers.

there are 2 different bumpers with different tow hitch covers whats the difference in the 2 and is there a diagram or some place to show me how to take off the bumper. sorry for the vent. i am doing this with my phone and im pissed so im sorry for the way it is.

Last edited:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I hope you typed that on a phone.

Anyway, sorry about the bad luck. Did anyone get a plate?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Missed that. My bad. Any video that you get from Walmart will most likely be crap.

rxrep

Reaction score
Sucks dude. Hope it all works out and karma bites them.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Replacement is extremely easy, although parts and paint will get up there. Depending on your insurance you may want to file a claim ( don't know what your deductible is) but it's definitely going to be more than $600. It's possible the bumper can be repaired, although without pictures it's hard to tell.

Walmart. Nice vehicles, please stay away, no matter how good a deal they have.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any pics of damage?

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no one treats their stuff better than you. This is why we buy insurance and hope we never have to use it.

This year I think I have hit me painted on my cars. Back in December 2 coyotes ran out in front of my Tahoe and I ended up having to put a new facia on it. Then in June a deer hit our Camaro convertible causing $11k. State Farm said I could upgrade as long as I paid the difference. Tahoe got a Street Scene SS Bumper for about 1/2 price while the Camaro got a ZL1 front end for $10.

Might be time for an Esky bumper with exhaust cut outs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate