Wife hit a pole....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mudsport96

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't really tell in these pics, but the rear lower quarter is pushed up behind the hatch. If it were a barn door truck I'm pretty sure the right door wouldn't open.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Her response was " it's not like it is a 60k dollar vehicle we only paid 20k for it."

WE ONLY PAID 20K FOR IT! REALLY!!!!!!!!!

Where is the exact cut off value/cost for her to take it seriously? I have a 2005 Z71 and it is pristine, inside and out and cost me $8k but I have put a lot in to it.

Seriously, does the wife need glasses? Depth of field problems? Just doesn't care? Man, I feel for you....I really do.

OP
OP
Mudsport96

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Her response was " it's not like it is a 60k dollar vehicle we only paid 20k for it."

WE ONLY PAID 20K FOR IT! REALLY!!!!!!!!!

Where is the exact cut off value/cost for her to take it seriously? I have a 2005 Z71 and it is pristine, inside and out and cost me $8k but I have put a lot in to it.

Seriously, does the wife need glasses? Depth of field problems? Just doesn't care? Man, I feel for you....I really do.
I don't know man. Hell the dealer I bought it from offered me 12k for it last summer because I have a family member that works there and they knew it was is very good shape and could get 15 for it. I should have taken it and bought her a cavalier....
We have been married 12 years this upcoming September 7th and this is all new attitude, so I don't know where this line of thinking is coming from.
And in reality, I...ME...THE GUY TYPING, paid for it. She wasn't working when I picked this up. So that is what hit the nerve for me.
Sorry for ranting guys. It has been a rough time lately.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't know man. Hell the dealer I bought it from offered me 12k for it last summer because I have a family member that works there and they knew it was is very good shape and could get 15 for it. I should have taken it and bought her a cavalier....
We have been married 12 years this upcoming September 7th and this is all new attitude, so I don't know where this line of thinking is coming from.
And in reality, I...ME...THE GUY TYPING, paid for it. She wasn't working when I picked this up. So that is what hit the nerve for me.
Sorry for ranting guys. It has been a rough time lately.
If you cannot share here, where can you share?

buckwild27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was she playing Pokémon go on her phone? I work with a guy who's wife drives around playing that game and has went off the road a few times because of it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I forgot to ask and you may have said already, but, where did the damage happen in June and recently? How did it happen?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So was in Walmart yesterday and the wife decided she didn't want to stand in line to check out and said she was going to the Tahoe to wait..... a few minutes later the daughter and I have the following conversation.

Daughter: Uhoh
Me: What's wrong kiddo
Daughter: ummm how are you feeling?
Me: Fine why?
Daughter: I'm apparently not supposed to say anything, but mom got in a wreck.
Me: What are you talking about? She went out to listen to music and wait. She left like 3 minutes ago.
Daughter: I'm just the messenger.

Get to parking lot....View attachment 432306View attachment 432307
I'm done. Told her if she wants it fixed she can make the money and pay for it.
I may try to pull the inner panel and push it out some, but as for painting or real body work I don't care. The conversation on the way home did it for me. I said I was upset because it was our nice vehicle, ( it is virtually rust free). Her response was " it's not like it is a 60k dollar vehicle we only paid 20k for it."
claim hit-n-run, that ones not so easy to fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23