How do you keep cargo from falling out of the back??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdub4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a 2007 Yukon with the 3rd row seats. The space behind the third row is not very large and therefore when putting anything in the back....stroller, sports gear, fold up chairs, etc.....it inevitably falls out when the hatch is open. Usually, if I remember I try to pop the glass window first to make sure we are "all clear"!

I am thinking of a couple of tension rods across the back or possibly the cargo net, but I dont think that has enough resistance. Does anyone else have any great ideas they have done to resolve this? I cant believe that I am the only one, but when I google it looking for a solution I really havent seen anyone else mentioning it.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
T

tdub4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I understand the net is an option, but I am curious, does the net itself act as a barrier for those things that are not actually placed in the net? I would prefer to have the option to just "throw" things in the back rather than placing them in the net if I could. If the net is the only option then that is fine...I am just looking for alternatives. We had a net on our old 4Runner and it was ok....but we also had a lot of space in the back beyond the net.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you use the third row alot because you could just fold it up or take them out.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd row

if you needed the 3rd row + cargo; buy a suburban...

i took out my 3rd row and built a box :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms