How good are these ebay service manuals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I got one for my 2001 Yukon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384398368522?fits=Year:2001|Model:Yukon&hash=item597fed9f0a:g:1igAAOSwPQdhQ3WW

My take? It's just passable.

-There's LOTS of missing wiring diagrams and several empty pages where wiring diagrams should be.
View attachment 363783
There's literally 25 pages in a row that look like this!

-Using Ctrl+f to search doesn't work often enough.

For example, I was looking directly at a page for pinion flange replacement yet searching the word 'pinion flange' yielded 0 results.

-Weird printing errors where text overlaps each other all over the place
View attachment 363784

It was like $8 and it shows. As it is, I guess it's better than nothing. I ended up just going to my library's website and accessing a car repair site through them; much cleaner and easier to navigate.

I did the library route as well but the information is lacking and not even equivalent to Alldatadiy information. Looking for full diagrams with part numbers for wiring, connectors, pins, harness clamps and such. I don't want to pay big $$ since the new Alldatadiy pricing went into effect. I'm not a full on mechanic but I am a shade tree pro..lol. seems the dealer parts websites have been neutered of such information starting 7 or so years ago. Never found an explanation for this. My guess is they realized they were giving away too much diy info and want you coming into the dealer service dept more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate