How long do they last

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I would start to be worried about everything with 200K miles. But all you can do is make sure everythign is being serviced and lubed and keep an eye on your tranny fluid and air filter. When you start seeing oil on your air filter it means you are starting to get "blow bye" and that is a bad sign.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy sheet a 2007 with 190k!

I would definitely be concerned with my seals/gaskets. Probably a good idea to do the top end and water pump at least...or have a service shop do it for ya

B

mike06train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen people get close to 300k on well taken care of GM v8's. It can be touch and go after 150k if it was not maintained though. Oil changes and regular maint. are key.

sbhva

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
holy sheet a 2007 with 190k!

I would definitely be concerned with my seals/gaskets. Probably a good idea to do the top end and water pump at least...or have a service shop do it for ya

B

In another post he says it's an '04.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it's a NBS, not a NNBS, not worried too much...you can find low mileage longblocks for a couple hundred bucks, bingo...

OP
OP
C

CLC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback umm what wil the top end run and evrything lubed full syn and just did air box mod and the filter was cleans as day the only leakage i see are valv cover gasket what those run? price wise and blueflame what is NBS and wich one do i have and wich is the good one?

CincinnatiZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2003 tahoe had 189k when i traded it in on my new scalade. It ran like a champion! But I was the only owner of that truck so i know it had been WELL taken care of.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback umm what wil the top end run and evrything lubed full syn and just did air box mod and the filter was cleans as day the only leakage i see are valv cover gasket what those run? price wise and blueflame what is NBS and wich one do i have and wich is the good one?
NBS is New body style truck, 2000-2006's. You can find anythinhg in that era, and soem newer and look for the 4.8 or better yet 5.3, and use your instake,ect and just use longblock. Salvage yards will have them for $300 and up, depending on mileage of motor.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just maintain it and if it aint broke don't fix it.. Just have a good tow plan lol. Truck should do 250K easy..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus