how long do you plan on keeping your tahoe/yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After owning my 1995 Yukon for 7 months I've become somewhat attached to it. Even with the age it's been more reliable and cheaper to maintain than some newer vehicles I've owned. I can't decide if I should start sticking extra money into it or not. I have no payment on it and its completely rust free but one of the doors is dented and the drivers side doors have a crappy repaint on the lower parts from some very deep scratches, needs new carpet, new leather on front seats, dash has some cracks, etc.... I would like to fix these things but I would keep it for a very long time if I did.

What is anyone's opinion on finding parts for these things 10 years down the road? I don't want to stick money into this thing and then have it run like shit later on down the road because I can't find a transmission solenoid or some other electronic part.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I don't see parts drying up soon. They made hundreds of thousands if not millions of chevy trucks from 88-2000.

I would not hesitate to put money into it, but I'm a car guy and I can't leave anything alone when it comes to vehicles....

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 95 Tahoe and it has high miles but runs and drives mint I have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon, like said before they made so many of these trucks parts for them will always be around

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MSborn882007

Reaction score
I bought mine in December and its been great so far. Only issues I've had is dash lights not working and I still need to fix the driver window and its most likely the regulator. Other than that it runs like a champ and mines a 92. Only way I'll get rid of it is if I'm absolutely hurting financially or need to get a 4dr to haul the family when it finally gets down to having a kid in a few years. I would definitely keep at least 1 older truck since they're cheap to fix, they're simple to work on, and reliable

foxrider251

Reaction score
ive owned a new chev before and honestly even though my kon is giving me issues right now i like it way better than i did my new chev which actually burned to the ground. my 98 has better throttle response than that 07 did, its interior is much nicer and comfortable(my opinion), and its much easier to work on not too mention the OBS still have some damn metal in em not like the plastic powerwheels theyre putting out these days. stick with the old stuff and you really cant go wrong.

19 tahoe 97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not very long, unfortunately. The body and frame are rotting and both frame rails are cracked. It stills runs great and is great off road for a stock truck but I don't see it passing inspection again. I would buy another one to replace this one though.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine 8 years putting a motor in it within the next week or so. so I will have it for a long time to come

foxrider251

Reaction score
being a 95 that thing should be a TBI which if the case i recommend 100 times over keeping that kon NBGuy. ive had two TBIs in life and i would take them over any of my Vortecs.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Keepin mine til it is literally no more or if i give it to my pa..no other reason. Ill take it over any new vehicle because i knkw i can trust it more and it doesnt cost an arm n leg to maintain. Even if it did it has survived crashed without a scratch so yea shesa keeper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaync